1.    #1  
    So if I have a file called data.xyz and I want to write a webos application to handle any files with the XYZ ext, how do I associate the application with that file type, so if I receive one as an email attachment or download it from a website I can open it?
    palm mentioned there'd be an API like that with the release of 1.3.5. Didn't happen, but it shows palms workin on it
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    palm mentioned there'd be an API like that with the release of 1.3.5. Didn't happen, but it shows palms workin on it
    I think that's the PDK.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    I think that's the PDK.
    Not as far as I know. I believe it was a javascript implementation via service. The change in the Device Info app shows the service calls are there, they just haven't been documented
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Not as far as I know. I believe it was a javascript implementation via service. The change in the Device Info app shows the service calls are there, they just haven't been documented
    Probably it's there, but undocumented...
    This would be really nice. My use case involves emailing myself books for use with preader.

pReader can handle a bunch of filetypes, but I always get "Cannot find an application which can open this file" when I try to download it. I've also tried looking for the file using internalz, but there are a lot of "buckets" and it is not easy to find the right one (so far I have not succeeded). Any ideas?