1.    #1  
    I have been digging and digging, and can't find anywhere that anybody has ever even suggested creating an app like LimeWire. LW is really just a client for the Gnutella network. I thought I'd try myself to cross-compile the gtk-gnutella. However, I could not get the cross-compilation environment setup to compile the sample DOOM program as illustrated on the WebOS Internals Wiki site. That wiki simply does not work as written, it's got to be missing something. I'm not even sure I'd really get anywhere trying to compile the gtk-gnutella code anyway.

There would be a demand for such an app, wouldn't there? Is it just because of legal issues? I know the connection speed is not ideal for a P2P file sharing app like this, but it would at least allow a user to search and download specific songs on the fly.

Anyone have thoughts on this? Am I barking up the wrong tree??
    probably wont happen unless you make it yourself or go talk to someone from limewire personally .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    musicwave lite?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    i remember when i had an ipod touch someone actually made an app like this.
  5.    #5  
    Heh, it's crazy I just discovered Musicwave Light for myself. It does the job I suppose, but not completely what I was after. It'll do if something more like LimeWire never comes...
    musicwave lite is doing something else? I type in the name of song/artist or whatever and it gives me the option to download or stream. I download it and can then xfer the .mp3 anywhere i want to. I must be missing something...

sorry typed before you replied

Yea I dont think it supports Pr0n yet. j/k
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  7.    #7  
    LOL... I do like my Pr0n, but not on the Pre, that's really not what I was going after. I guess I just don't care for the interface of Musicwave. Maybe I just need to get used to it. Wow, my first post on this forum is beginning to look pointless. Sorry guys! Long-time lurker....
    i would love to use this to download some Pr0n
    Agreed, half the reason I bought an internet enabled phone was for Pr0n, not conveniant to drag a computer into the bathroom, lol! But I would be tempted to download too many movies if I had a limewire style program, at least till I can buy a phone in a few years with a terabyte flash drive.
    Wait, why do you want to download viruses to your phone?
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Damn.. these apps lack advertisement just like the Pre. I had no clue musicwave lite existed. Hellz yeah!!
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joshuatechnomage View Post
    agreed, half the reason i bought an internet enabled phone was for pr0n, not conveniant to drag a computer into the bathroom, lol! But i would be tempted to download too many movies if i had a limewire style program, at least till i can buy a phone in a few years with a terabyte flash drive.
    lmfao!!!!
    Is Musicwave lite in the app catalog? Beta feed? Catalog search function is useless, and I'm interested enough to give it a shot.