1.    #1  
    Is openDatabase(ext:"myDBname") still needed now that apps are on the media partition to have the database for the app on the media partition? This question may not even apply depending on the answer to the next question.

Can I build the database with an external app if there is one (like access makes DBs for use with windows apps) and then open the DB in my app for read and write records to tables in it?

Basically here is what I want to do. A list is populated with the names of tables in the database. Tapping on one of the list items pushes a scene passing the table name to it and populating a list with a specific field. For example say the table holds a list of people and fields with details about each person the list would populate with the names of the people in the table. Then tapping on a list item in this scene would bring up a scene with all the details from the other fields for that persons record.

If I were making this a windows app i would structure the DB with access or some other app and then interface with it in the app. This would be the easiest way I can think of to make the DB since the app will be doing basically what I describe briefly above but in a different context. Then all I would have to do is point the app to the DB using the openDatabase thing correct?

Palm doesn't really provide enough detail on usage so reading the Storage Overview page has me scratching my head. I wasn't able to locate any more pages on palms site. They link you to some html 5 site but that is like trying to find a needle in a hay stack when you have no idea what a needle looks like to me on how it applies to webOS and what I need to do. The palm webos dev book is on it's way if it will be of any help to me in this area. I got it simply because I figure it would be useful for some stuff seeing as I got a bargain on it. It seems like I keep hitting brick walls when it comes to reference material on the webOS specific code. Everything else has ample material out there and I use several sites constantly while I work at coding.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    As I know, it does not work. And for my point of view, Palm Pre will not want to support this kind of function. html5 database normally can not be initiate outside.
  3.    #3  
    After quite a bit of digging I found more info. The downside is that currently you cannot build the database outside of the app and access it with the app. This appears to be a design issue with webOS, I guess they made it so the DB is put in one of two specific places either internally (not visible through drive mode part) or on the media space (visible to drive mode). WebOS also takes the liberty of naming the DB file to 000000000000000x.db or there about where x is a number. So it would be probably impossible for the developer to name it correctly to use a pre built DB. Which means you have to build it in the app. The good news is after finding a good resource on the code for working with sqlite is the basics appear to be straight forward once you understand how that works in conjunction. The question now is do I build the DB if it doesn't exist in the stage assistant or in the first scene assistant?
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.