Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Its interesting that the iphone has the functionality/ability to e-mail, talk, surf the web at the same time. Why can't the palm pre do that? Or am I missing something here?

Let me know your thoughts
    Current CDMA networks can't do voice and data at the same time. GSM can.
    again as stated in other posts, it is a network limitation... put the iphone in verizon or sprint and they cant do calls and data too at the same time...

however, if you are in wifi, you can talk and surf the same time with the pre
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    again as stated in other posts, it is a network limitation... put the iphone in verizon or sprint and they cant do calls and data too at the same time...

however, if you are in wifi, you can talk and surf the same time with the pre
    and actually the iphone cant email and surf at the same time. it is only one or the other. the pre however can do this. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by thiaf1 View Post
    Let me know your thoughts
    Who cares if someone can do that? There are very few practical situations where this is useful. Also, just like thesnowdog said, the iPhone can't do email and web browsing at the same time.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    it cannot you have to close the browser to get to email or vice versa
    Quote Originally Posted by thesnowdog View Post
    and actually the iphone cant email and surf at the same time. it is only one or the other. the pre however can do this. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Who cares if someone can do that? There are very few practical situations where this is useful. Also, just like thesnowdog said, the iPhone can't do email and web browsing at the same time.
    of course you can hava a call an surf OR email.. who said it can't? i just
    tested that... on 3g the iphone can do
    that, but that is not the feature that
    makes the pre stand out...

it cannot email and browse like the pre

iphone "multitasking" is very limited, unlike the pre
    Last edited by johnj2803; 03/13/2010 at 12:16 PM.
    1. As mentioned above, it's a limitation of the network (CDMA), not the device.
    2. 4G CDMA networks will have this ability!
    3. You CAN currently do this if you have a WiFi connection.
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL