1.    #1  
    Hey,

as an alert in my app I play a sound.

My Code:
    Code:
    this.pws = new Audio();
    this.pws.src = Mojo.appPath + 'audio/policewhLD2.mp3';
    this.pws.play();
    Works as expected but while listening to music with Palms Music Player or Music Remix it suddenly stops as soon my app makes a tone.

Is there a work around? Thanks in advance.

Already read through this but doesn't help:
    Audio – Palm Developer Center
  2.    #2  
    This is my first bumb ever. Please help someone!
    This is what I use for sound notifications and it doesn't seem to interrupt music playing:

Code:
    Mojo.Controller.getAppController().playSoundNotification("notifications", "./sounds/ding.mp3", 300000);  // Play the sound for 300000 ms (300 seconds).
    Keep in mind that using this function will produce sounds and/or vibrations depending upon the "Rings & Alerts" settings in "Sounds and Ringtones". So if the user decided to have the phone vibrate when the ringer is off, this call will produce a vibration instead of a sound.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 03/13/2010 at 07:09 PM. Reason: typo in code snippet
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    This is what I use for sound notifications and it doesn't seem to interrupt music playing:

Code:
    Mojo.Controller.getAppController().playSoundNotification("notifications", "./sounds/ding.mp3", 300000);  // Play the sound for 300000 ms (300 seconds).
    Keep in mind that using this function will produce sounds and/or vibrations depending upon the "Rings & Alerts" settings in "Sounds and Ringtones". So if the user decided to have the phone vibrate when the ringer is off, this call will produce a vibration instead of a sound.
    Thanks you very much. That's a beginning. Problem like you already mantioned that it depends what the settings of the users are. That's still far away from perfect . Isn't there any other option ?