1.    #1  
    OK, my macbook won't see my pre since I upgraded to Snow Leopard. (well, it did ONE time, right after I upgraded, but never since). I've been reading hundreds of threads and posts. thought I was onto something when I found a post discussing Novacom. Check out the instructions they gave, and my results with it : (

Run Novaterm.
    on Mac and Linux open a terminal, and type in cd /opt/nova/bin
    Then type ./novaterm
    (if novaterm is missing, locate the novacom binary (whereis novacom) and run novacom $* -t open tty://0)
    On Mac, if ./novaterm results: in failed to connect to server, do the folllowing
    sudo chmod 644 /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.palm.novacomd
    sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.palm.novacomd
    ./novaterm

[james-petersens-macbook:~] jim% sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.palm.novacomd
    Password:
    com.palm.novacomd: Already loaded
    [james-petersens-macbook:~] jim% novaterm
    /usr/bin/novaterm: line 2: /opt/nova/bin/novacom: No such file or directory
    /usr/bin/novaterm: line 2: exec: /opt/nova/bin/novacom: cannot execute: No such file or directory
    [james-petersens-macbook:~] jim% whereis novacom
    /usr/bin/novacom
    [james-petersens-macbook:~] jim%
    Back to square one.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Try installing the Palm PDK, it worked for
  3.    #3  
    no connection, can't install squat. Ah wait. . the developer kit onto the macbook? are you running snowleopard?
    Back to square one.
    I think you just gave up too soon.

That last command you entered told you where novacom is, and it's not /opt/nova/bin

It's under /usr/bin/novacom

So, just repeat the direction for that location instead.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    I think you just gave up too soon.

That last command you entered told you where novacom is, and it's not /opt/nova/bin

It's under /usr/bin/novacom

So, just repeat the direction for that location instead.
    Muchas Gracias!!!

I'll give it a try. I really have no business in Terminal in the first place, all I know is DOS 3.3

I assume I can just enter the following line at the prompt:
    /usr/bin/novacom/novaterm

or should I cd my way to the directory first and just input "novaterm"? And then? should be able to see the love from webosquickinstall? I sure hope so.
    Back to square one.
  6.    #6  
    ah.... IGNORE that last post, I'm not reading those instructions well enough.

What bungles up is that failure to connect problem, but Novacom is running. But, because it's not living in the directory that webosquickinstall expects it to be, it's not hooking up to my palm.

Im pretty sure if novacom was running out of the /opt/nova/bin directory where webosqi expects to be, it would run correctly.

So, maybe even if I've figured out a pointer to the problem, I have no idea how to get Terminal to fix it, i need $%&% unix lessons.
    Back to square one.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    if you really want to get slightly hackish, you can make a symbolic link to novaterm in the location that WebOSQI is looking. However, do you have the latest version of WOSQI? It should just search your path for novaterm, and /usr/bin is definitely in your path.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    did you try extracting the NovacomInstaller.pkg out of WebOSDoctor.jar and just installing that? It's under the resources directory, then NovacomInstaller.pkg.tar.gz. It should install in the /opt directory on your mac. (/opt/nova/bin then in terminal ./novaterm)
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    also, from the WOSQI, under File / Options try the Attempt Novacom (Re)Installation button? You'll need to know where your WebOSDoctor.jar file is on your mac.
    Last edited by aric; 03/10/2010 at 11:03 PM. Reason: typo