1.    #1  
    I have a few questions as to why it would be hard to do this.

With these cool 3D games like NFSU, Assault, and many more; how hard is it to make these games online. I know lag would be an issue, but are we really far from that type of gaming with the pre? I know word ace is online.

What about bluetooth pairing pre's to play with a friends. Does the pre's software not have the ablity to achieve this.

Are we completely lost from playing mulitiplayer games with the pre?
    no the pres bluetooth wouldnt support bluetooth gaming its audio only as of now
  3.    #3  
    to change the function of the bluetooth system is that software or hardware? Again what about wifi or evdo or 3g?
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    hmm good question...
    bueler? bueler?
    the bluetooth can be changed via software and the evdo gaming is possible
    I'm sure it's coming over WiFi at least. N.O.V.A. is multiplayer and I'm willing to bet money we'll get our Pre loving hands on it sooner rather than later, give Gameloft, Glu, and EA some time. The PDK beta just went live so any other developers are probably going to have to wait until the next webOS update before we even see their games let alone any multiplayer incarnations.
  7.    #7  
    that would be so intense to see people playing multiplayer shooting, sports, fighting, and ect games on a freakin cell phone. As time passes on the ablity to call someone on a cell phones seems more like an app. Lol
    actually gameloft released sherk kart in the app catalog and its a online mulitplayer game. I haven't downloaded it yet, so I'm not sure if it's limited to just wifi...
    Quote Originally Posted by integritydriver View Post
    actually gameloft released sherk kart in the app catalog and its a online mulitplayer game. I haven't downloaded it yet, so I'm not sure if it's limited to just wifi...
    It is limited to local WiFi, meaning you and a friend need to be on the same connection. My only question now is does it allow iphone to Pre or is it strictly Pre to Pre.
    Not sure who else has gotten bored enough to test it, but the Pre hold a 60ms ping to most servers over HTTP so long polling is still a viable option for any type of cross platform browser to phone games.
  11.    #11  
    local wifi is definaly a start. Got a question thought; does a sever have to be up to run moblie games? Can a pre host a game? Maybe I'm thinking past the software capabilities of the pre.
    The X-plane games have had local wifi connectivity since their initial version was released back in January, so it's nothing new, for the record. I can't confirm or deny whether it works or not, seeing as I don't know others with a Pre, but the option is there.
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    I'm sure it's coming over WiFi at least. N.O.V.A. is multiplayer and I'm willing to bet money we'll get our Pre loving hands on it sooner rather than later, give Gameloft, Glu, and EA some time. The PDK beta just went live so any other developers are probably going to have to wait until the next webOS update before we even see their games let alone any multiplayer incarnations.
    nova will come. you guys know palms future is at stake tomorrow at their press conference at the gdc. wouldn't they want to show off nova then, like how gameloft did it at the apple convention?