Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    moumny, fixitsteve,

you should fond a vpnc.log file in the root of you USB drive. Please attche it and I take a look.
    I expect that you changed the example config in the vpnc folder to your settings.
    If not, do this and start the install.sh again.

HaPe
    I found that the settings of the university have changed.
    Now it is working !
    @fixitsteve: verify that your pre-vpnc.conf is correct.

Last question:
    -is it possible to connect automatically to vpn on wifi ONLY ?
    -Do i need to stop the vpn or it reconnect automatically?

This worth a precentral post !
    We just need a little gui to avoid typing the command or better: a patch to add an option near wifi menu (top right menu)

Have a good day all!
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi moumny,

from the first page:
    Type './vpn.sh start' in Terminus to start, now you can use './vpn.sh status' to get some status information
    and './vpn.sh stop' to quit. If you set PreAuto to 1 the the start and stop will be done automatically with the internet connection of your Pre.
    The out switch starts/stops the wrapper with if up/down. There is no config to change this to work only on wifi. I did not find a system hook to do this.

The wrapper reconnects as long as you have an internet connection. (wifi or umts). If PreAuto is 1 then the wrapper will be restarted when you have an internet connection again.

HaPe
    Hi HaPe,
    I still get the following error upon installation:
    Collected errors:
    Warning: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for vpnc:
    libgcrypt openssl kernel-module-tun
    mount:mounting /dev/mapper/store-root on / failed Device or resource busy
    /opt/sbin/vpnc found.
    mount:mounting /dev/mapper/store-root on / failed Device or resource busy
    I also could use some desperate help! I have everything installed and I am reaching the network, but I am getting rejected at the username and password area, it looks like. I get the following error in my log:

100713-134456 /opt/sbin/vpnc: expected xauth packet; rejected (ISAKMP_N_UNEQUAL_PAYLOAD_LENGTHS) (30)

I get this with xauth or obfuscated
    So I made some more progress and now get the following:

100713-140058 /opt/sbin/vpnc: hash comparison failed: (ISAKMP_N_AUTHENTICATION_FAILED) (24)

But I do not know what to do from here...
    well after all my posts I finally got it working! WOOT!
    Is anyone working on a gui for this? Looks like everything else is in place.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi Nick,

not that I would be aware of. Would be happy if you will raise your hand to do it ;-)

The GUI would only need to be able to change the existing config files and execute shell commands to start, stop the connection.
    The packaging of the hole thing into a Preware package that automatically installs all the required packages should be possible.
    The only missing part is the GUI

HaPe
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12