1.    #1  
    I'm writing an app that will run in the background without a GUI. How do I let users make changes to the app's settings?
    Well, write at least one preferences scene, that you start when the app starts, than the user can swipe the card off and the app runs in background.
    How exactly is it running in the background, what is it doing? Are you setting an alarm and then doing something in handleLaunch? Do you ever push a stage, either card or dashboard? Need more information in order to be more helpful.

Most likely your app will have to behave differently based on the launch conditions, i.e.: if it's run from the launcher it opens a preferences card, if it's run from an alarm it doesn't open the card. Something like that.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by rretsiem View Post
    Well, write at least one preferences scene, that you start when the app starts, than the user can swipe the card off and the app runs in background.
    Perfect!

One more question:

once it's running, is there any way for them to get back into the prefs? For example, can I have them click the icon in launcher and then have that check to see if there's already a running version and if so, switch to that, exit and the already running one pops up with the prefs window?