1.    #1  
    I surprisingly haven't seen anything about this on here, so maybe its just impossible, if not very close to impossible, but I figured I would take a shot at it. I got an ipa of an app i wanted off the iphone, extracted out its contents, and now I'm not really sure where to go from here. Has anyone else tried to reverse engineer an iphone app? I assume the compiled Objective C code will be difficult to decompile/disassemble, but would be nice if we could!
    I got the .ipa of some games (the 3D-games that are available for the Pre
    and the iPhone)

I extracted and compared files and filesizes of the gamefiles for each plattform.. and it seems that there is just no big change and in just a few files.. but I could be wrong since i'm not able to look into the files and I have no coding experience..

Maybe you could do it the same way.. compare the iphone and pre version of already available games.. and hopefully you have more luck with it.

EDIT:
    ahhh, and i forgot to say... xD
    I copied the files from an iPhone-Game-.ipa into a allready existing webOS-Game-.ipk and changed the appinfo.json .. the game appeared on the launcher, but nothing happened by clicking it....
    Then I lost motivation
    Last edited by virox; 03/09/2010 at 05:34 PM.
    thats what the pdk is for
    Yes, but I did this when the PDK wasn't released :P
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by virox View Post
    I got the .ipa of some games (the 3D-games that are available for the Pre
    and the iPhone)

I extracted and compared files and filesizes of the gamefiles for each plattform.. and it seems that there is just no big change and in just a few files.. but I could be wrong since i'm not able to look into the files and I have no coding experience..

Maybe you could do it the same way.. compare the iphone and pre version of already available games.. and hopefully you have more luck with it.

EDIT:
    ahhh, and i forgot to say... xD
    I copied the files from an iPhone-Game-.ipa into a allready existing webOS-Game-.ipk and changed the appinfo.json .. the game appeared on the launcher, but nothing happened by clicking it....
    Then I lost motivation
    good idea. I'll have to see if any apps I have are identical to the iphone versions. I haven't bought any of the 3D games yet.

063_xobx: are you saying that you should be able to use the ipa's compiled code with the pdk? That just doesn't seem right to me, but that would be really awesome if you could.
    You can't run Mac OS X (iPhone) apps on Linux (webOS) or vice versa.
    with pdk you can convert iphone apps to run on webos
    i dont think the pdk will be a "browse to ipa file" and "click to convert to ipk".. doubt it will be THAT simple
    Quote Originally Posted by logie View Post
    i dont think the pdk will be a "browse to ipa file" and "click to convert to ipk".. doubt it will be THAT simple
    Of course not. You need the source code to make it playable under webos and ipa is a already compiled package. Also iPhone apps are compiled with objective c and pdk packages compile with c++. That's like you want to start mac osx apps on a totally different linux platform.

Something like this isn't possible. Don't think about it.