1.    #1  
    I'd like to see a simple little app that I can use on my kid's pixi to turn it off at certain times and days of the week. I'd like to control:

phone radio (in/out/specific numbers maybe?)
    sms/mms
    browser
    app catalog

perhaps more?

It should have a password obviously, and even the phone control part would be a great help

Thanks!!!
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
  2.    #2  
    bumped!
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    I also would like to have such a program similar to K9 oe safeeyes on my PC, if I am not mistaken safeeyes has an app for iphone how about webos?
    Not to question anyone's parenting technique...but if your going to limit all those things why didnt you just buy him a $10 phone that doesnt do anything except calls and texts.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    not sure if you're on sprint or verizon but verizon does have a set of online control tools if you are the head of a shared plan.
    What would you like a Parental Controls system to do in the App Catalog? Just shut it off during certain hours?
    Quote Originally Posted by joshmarinacci View Post
    What would you like a Parental Controls system to do in the App Catalog? Just shut it off during certain hours?
    I use K9 as a self controlling software I limit my browsing times and several categories, would love to have it on my pre too!
    Quote Originally Posted by joshmarinacci View Post
    josh, i had this PM convo with chris. should be a simple feature from palm to have the option to need a passcode to get out of airplane mode. is that something you folks could do?

Originally Posted by shanerooni:
    so you pretty much want no data usage, right? as if you could put the phone into airplane mode, and not have the option to take it off without some password/pin? how old is your daughter -- little kid just to have the phone to play with?

Chris's response:
    Exactly! I thought it would be a useful app to us parents who want their teens off the phone at bedtime. Something like the old battery saver program to start with, but with a password so it can't be overridden.

The girl is 14, so some future functions could possibly include blocking certain numbers or only allowing certain contacts to ring through.... you know what I'm talking about?

Sprint's controls suck, so we need more, and I'm sure parents are willing to pay for such a thing

Thanks for your interest,

Chris
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
    I sent an email to safeeyes and this was their answer:

"Thank you for contacting us with your question! We are currently researching possible development of Safe Eyes Mobile for devices other than the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad. We can add your name and e-mail address to our database of individuals to contact if/when any updates become available. Please advise as to whether you would like your name and device type added. Thank you"

if you can send them an email it might put pressure and help send to info @ internetsafety com (remove spaces and add dot for dot com)
    Allow me to bump this thread, I'd like to see this for webOS. My 15 year old wants a Pre/Pixi, but I don't want him to have unfiltered access to the internet/app catalog. He does use Facebook so a dumb phone won't work. No gripes about my parenting choices please. I have installed an app that does exactly what I want on my wife's old Moto Devour (android), it allows us to select apps to restrict with a password. Anyone able to make such an app?
    I also would like parental controls, ideally like MacOSX does it - kid accounts have time limits/restrictions, all web browsing is turned off except for white list, kids can't install anything unless admin password is supplied, kids don't have access to applications unless it is in their folder or shared folder, etc.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.