1.    #1  
    Sorry for my poor English.I am learning to develop a calculator for webos devices.but there's a problem that I don't know how to get the 'label' of a wiget button within the user interface in a function.
    Could some one kind guy give me the answer?
    Last edited by EKSON; 03/08/2010 at 04:02 AM. Reason: don't discrible clearly.
    What do you mean by tag name? Do you mean the id value in your div tag? Can you show an example of your code?
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
  3.    #3  
    sorry,I didn't describle the problem clearly.
    I want to get the id info about a button. In the scence's assistant setUp function,I use a for-loop to initiate the number button(0-9). In the button's tap event handler function, I should get the button's id or the label to determine which button been tapped. Following is the sample code.
    In assistant setUp function:
    FirstAssistant.prototype.setUp=function() {
    for(i=0;i<10;i++) {
    this.model={};
    this.attributes={};
    this.model={
    "lable":i,
    "buttonId":i,
    "disable":false}
    ;
    this.controller.setUp("Mybutton",this.attributes,this.model);
    Mojo.Event.listen(this.controller.get("i"),Mojo.Event.tap,this.handleButtonPress.bind(this));
    //
    }
    }

FirstAssistant.prototype.handleButtonPress=function(event){
    //code for get the info of*buttons.Help me!
    }
    In handleButtonPress, you would look for

event.target.id

As a related issue, please make sure to set up a handler reference in your assistant initialize.constructor method.

In the assistant initialize method, you put

this.onTap_MyButtonHandler = MyButtonHandler.bind(this);

then in your assistant setup function, you put

this.controller.setUp("Mybutton",this.attributes,this.model);
    Mojo.Event.listen(this.controller.get("Mybutton"),Mojo.Event.tap,this.onTap_MyButtonHandler );

This will avoid multiple instances of the same method.

This is a Palm best practice as explained below

Callback Handlers

With every call to bind(), you create a new function. So, make the call once in initialize, and then reuse that same one every time. However, remember that pre-caching only works if the arguments that you are binding the method to do not change. If you need to bind it to different arguments every time, you cannot pre-cache.
    Last edited by Blubble; 03/08/2010 at 09:26 AM.
  5.    #5  
    Thank you so much.But when I use event.target.I'd, I get the following result for example:
    palm_anon_element_0 mojo-scence-first Mybutton-buttonLabel.I just want Mybutton,cause "Mybutton" is the id of the button.
    Gotcha, the object of the button pressed is passed to your handleButtonPress function, and in this case is called "event". Try this...

Code:
    FirstAssistant.prototype.handleButtonPress=function(event)
    {
        var selected = this.model.items[event.index]; // make sure model name matches
        var MyButton = selected.buttonId; // access all model elements like this
    }
    Last edited by Laxidasical; 03/08/2010 at 11:48 PM.
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
  7.    #7  
    thank you, Laxidasical.you mean I can use this method to get the button's id? But I tried it, and it doesn't work. Maybe I should check out the handleButtonPress function's code carefully.
  8.    #8  
    is the "model" a property for the scence, Laxidasical?