1.    #1  
    I have a specific font (Lucida Handwriting) which I use as an email signature in Outlook (with exchange) but this font is not available on the pre.

Does anybody know if it is possible to add more Truetype fonts to the pre by simply copying them into the /usr/share/fonts folder?

Or does something else need to be done to get them to be recognized?

Thanks.
    like to see if this can be applied to the dialer.css, anyone?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    like to see if this can be applied to the dialer.css, anyone?
    I didn't seen an exact entry for font in the dialer css, but i'd be willing to bet it would work fine if we added a font line.
    yeah, you would have to. But what font files will wotk and where to place them? 1.4 changes are making me have to learn more to bring my ZomPre theme to 1.4.

although if it works right it'll save me hours of png edit time!
    Quote Originally Posted by hkauf View Post
    Does anybody know if it is possible to add more Truetype fonts to the pre by simply copying them into the /usr/share/fonts folder?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    yeah, you would have to. But what font files will wotk and where to place them? 1.4 changes are making me have to learn more to bring my ZomPre theme to 1.4.

although if it works right it'll save me hours of png edit time!
    I would think that is the folder to drop the fonts into. Also, i made a patch that removes the text & allows you to upload images for each key instead of just having text ( i know you said you didn't want to edit PNG's but i just thought i'd mention it ).
    Even if you added a font to Your Pre, the mail recipient would also have to have that font installed in order to see what you sent looking like the way you sent it. Lucida may have worked for you in Outlook because Lucida happens to be one of the standard Windows fonts.
    It would work on the user's Pre, & like vegas89134 said, the recipient would also need the font to see it, but if you're like me, it's all for aesthetics & just seeing on my Pre would be enough to make me happy.