i cudn understandanythng in this....plz help..elaborate
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Found 2 scripts helping extract or build ipkg on mac osx
    Thanks to Junya
    how to use these files?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by tigran80 View Post
    how to use these files?
    After downloading rename remove the ".txt" extension and make script executable (chmod 755)
    == extract ==
    ipkg-extract-zaurus.sh <filename.ipk> => will create a directory of name <filename>

== build ==
    ipkg-build-zaurus.sh <directoryname> => will create a ipk file named as directory with ".ipk"

I can't remember if you need anything special installed. I have a lot of dev stuff installed like macports, palm sdk/pdk, Xcode ....

EDIT: If you like to pack something from scratch you need to understand how to create the package structure. It's to complicate to describe here. Search the web for more info. These scripts are useful to analyze existing ipk's content. You can modify a package and repack it.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    After downloading rename remove the ".txt" extension and make script executable (chmod 755)
    == extract ==
    ipkg-extract-zaurus.sh <filename.ipk> => will create a directory of name <filename>

== build ==
    ipkg-build-zaurus.sh <directoryname> => will create a ipk file named as directory with ".ipk"

I can't remember if you need anything special installed. I have a lot of dev stuff installed like macports, palm sdk/pdk, Xcode ....

EDIT: If you like to pack something from scratch you need to understand how to create the package structure. It's to complicate to describe here. Search the web for more info. These scripts are useful to analyze existing ipk's content. You can modify a package and repack it.
    Thanks!
    have to figure out which environment do I need.
    I`ve tried macos terminal, it idid not work.