Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    On Tuesday, March 16th, in Mountain View, CA, we'll be having the first of what I hope to be a monthly series of meetings for webOS developers. Details available on meetup.com

We'll start out with introductions and an inspirational speech from the local Palm Developer Relations crew. Then I will give a short talk on Open Source in webOS app development. We'll have some time for announcements, requests for development partners, airing of thorny problems, and the like. We'll finish off with some socialization and discussion of all things webOS and app-development related. Once we get to the emacs vs. vi arguments, it'll probably be time to go.

As an added super duper exciting incentive, the fine folks from Palm will be bringing a pile of O'Reilly webOS books to give away. Come on down, and get your free book; it's a good one, I learned a lot from it.

We're meeting at Hacker Dojo, "a community center for hackers and thinkers to meet, discuss, learn, create, build and play."

If you plan on coming, I'd appreciate it if you would let me know, either by joining the Meetup group (and then RSVP-ing via meetup), or by PMing me. I need to tell the Hacker Dojo folks how many chairs to set up.
    Author of Keyring for webOS - Easy password management on your phone

Get Keyring :: Keyring website :: Keyring desktop client :: Keyring bugs :: Desktop client bugs

Like what I've done with Keyring? Hire me!
    Sounds great. I will be there.
    Palm V - BlackBerry 8700 - iPhone 3G - Pre Plus
    Apps I like: Backgrounds, 5000 Quotes, Dealert
    any chance you guys can broadcast this over Webex, or something similar for us East Coasters who won't be able to attend?
    I'm in, hope we get a good turnout!
    Dave Balmer, Gobico Games

Thanks for your support! Check out Wobble Words 2 and Poker Drops available now in the App Catalog for Palm Pre and Pixi, and follow us on Twitter @GobicoGames to get the latest news.
    Quote Originally Posted by sf_basilix View Post
    any chance you guys can broadcast this over Webex, or something similar for us East Coasters who won't be able to attend?
    We should have our own meet up here on the East Coast. It can be 10x cooler than the west coast.

We can have cookies and stuff.
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sf_basilix View Post
    Most of the content will be audio, so screencasting and the like won't buy you much. If I get some critical mass I might be able to get someone to video future meetups for posting on YouTube (though the audience would probably be pretty small). The best I'll be able to do this time is post my slides. I'll let y'all know when they're up.

And as SirataXero says, you can set up a local meetup wherever you are. Meetup.com charges a fee (though I think it's worth it), or you can arrange something elsewhere.
    Author of Keyring for webOS - Easy password management on your phone

Get Keyring :: Keyring website :: Keyring desktop client :: Keyring bugs :: Desktop client bugs

Like what I've done with Keyring? Hire me!