Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    Yes its me again. The guy that pays for everyones wishes.

    I would like an auto response patch for the sms application.
    The system should allow you to type a custom auto response message for incoming text messages.

    This is perfect for individuals who travel out the country and cannot use their phone, going to jail, vacationing, switching phones, etc.., to auto reply their status to whom they receive a text from.

    I know this application will be useful, and thousands of us will appreciate this program.

    You can PM me if you need.

    $100 reward.
  2. #2  
    Unless the phone was left on, this would have to be done from the carrier. The phone would still need to be on & active to send the Auto SMS Message.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronniebrasco View Post
    Yes its me again. The guy that pays for everyones wishes.

    I would like an auto response patch for the sms application.
    The system should allow you to type a custom auto response message for incoming text messages.

    This is perfect for individuals who travel out the country and cannot use their phone, going to jail, vacationing, switching phones, etc.., to auto reply their status to whom they receive a text from.

    I know this application will be useful, and thousands of us will appreciate this program.

    You can PM me if you need.

    $100 reward.
    What you want is impossible. Apps run on the phone, so being out of a service area, the message would never reach your phone. You'd have to run the app on the Sprint network - which is impossible.
  4. #4  
    Hey what up.. i am currently away on some buziness, i will be back from Hudson County anywhere from 3 to 6 weeks depending on well work goes!
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    What you want is impossible. Apps run on the phone, so being out of a service area, the message would never reach your phone. You'd have to run the app on the Sprint network - which is impossible.

    Nothing is impossible.

    And in saying something like "going to jail" in the description, it's pretty clear this would be for someone who left their phone turned on and in a service area, and just wasn't able to take it along with them.
  6. #6  
    I would love this just for when my phone is on and in a service area but I'm not by it (say at a pool party or outside doing something when I can't hear my phone)

    I kinda thought it wasn't possible since the messaging api doesn't yet allow for this type of interaction with apps.
  7. #7  
    Does Google Voice provide the ability to do auto responders to text messages? If so, then you could switch to a Google voice number and go that route...
  8. #8  
    No but Gvoice can send th esms to your email... that wouls be an option.

    Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by tennenho View Post
    Nothing is impossible.

    And in saying something like "going to jail" in the description, it's pretty clear this would be for someone who left their phone turned on and in a service area, and just wasn't able to take it along with them.
    I hate to destroy your world view but yes, some things are impossible.
  10. #10  
    i would love this....i would use it when im in class or at work and cant answer...

    it would reply that im in class..txt me later....or im at work...ill call you when i can... genious!!!!!!
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by kcpowercat View Post
    I would love this just for when my phone is on and in a service area but I'm not by it (say at a pool party or outside doing something when I can't hear my phone)

    I kinda thought it wasn't possible since the messaging api doesn't yet allow for this type of interaction with apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by nstereo2002 View Post
    i would love this....i would use it when im in class or at work and cant answer...

    it would reply that im in class..txt me later....or im at work...ill call you when i can... genious!!!!!!
    kcpowercat, the api does exist, however it is not a public api, so only apps named com.palm.something can use them.

    This app is in beta test now. See this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2385229
  12. #12  
    This app is now in the homebrew catalog. Official app thread: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ard-reply.html
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 05/25/2010 at 10:27 AM.
  13.    #13  
    email me your paypal address

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions