1.    #1  
    Would it be dumb to assume that there could be a request forum for free iPhone/iPod apps to be ported for us Pre users?

Then again, time will tell how exactly easy the process will be.
    NY Giants fan?

Check out my Facebook Group! - Big Blue (NY Giants) which just passed 11,000 members
    and newly formed Fan Page
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Most of the best iPhone apps use things that aren't currently supported in the SDK -- microphone, etc.
    I wouldn't say "most" but a good chunk are. I'm almost willing to bet that the PDK will be mostly for porting and/or developing games not actual useful apps. Not that I'm complaining about games, I've got a full launcher page of them
    if we could get a decent affordable IM app with notifications ported over i'd be happy. Since the built in one hasn't ever worked for me and with the bad reviews and high price ($9.99 for a chat program?) of IM+, I'm forced to use the web based ones and they suck
    Last edited by deltatko1; 03/05/2010 at 12:15 PM.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deltatko1 View Post
    if we could get a decent affordable IM app with notifications ported over i'd be happy. Since the built in one hasn't ever worked for me and with the bad reviews and high price ($9.99 for a chat program?) of IM+, I'm forced to use the web based ones and they suck
    I'd be happy if beejive is ported over. its the best IM app on the iPhone
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Game porting is easy - regular apps require some major rewriting.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    All I want is Words with Friends
    A better question would be: If porting apps to webOS is so easy, why wouldn't devs first build their apps for the iPhone and then port over to webOS?
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Porting isnt all that great.
    One because things almost NEVER work as they should.
    And IF game porting was SOOO easy, then why hasnt game loft made more games for webOS? and why are they $4-$6 more than on the iphone store?
    Quote Originally Posted by dapezboy View Post
    Porting isnt all that great.
    One because things almost NEVER work as they should.
    And IF game porting was SOOO easy, then why hasnt game loft made more games for webOS? and why are they $4-$6 more than on the iphone store?
    according to the reports it is that easy. Gameloft literally is releasing more games every week. Most aren't 4-6 dollars more they're like 2-3 dollars more which is probably due to the smaller user base for WebOS. The PDK is still in beta and only released to a handful of developers, once it goes public I'm sure the releases will pick up.

and apparently there is no loss of game quality, remember the pre and the 3gs have the same guts. I've got a few of the games on my iphone and my pre and they play the same.
    Again, all I want is Words with Friends. Hopefully this new PDK beta will inspire them to bring it over.