1.    #1  
    I'm trying to get my Palm Pre (Sprint) back to firmware 1.3.5.1 from 1.4...

I was told to download WebOS Doctor 1.3.5.1 to do so...

So, I did...now I'm having trouble using the program...it starts up fine, and everything's dandy up until the point where I have the Pre connected and the progress bar shows up on WebOSDoctor's window...a few minutes pass while the bar is still at 0% completion, then an error shows up, saying that the phone has been disconnected, when it clearly hasn't...it does this everytime: I've restarted the phone, the computer, NovacomD is always running, and I'm sure nothing is wrong with my USB port (though, oddly, it's only when I connect it to a certain port that the WebOSDoctor recognizes it as "connected")...

Am I doing something wrong?...sorry if this is the wrong forum...
    Quote Originally Posted by FleetwoodSho View Post
    I'm trying to get my Palm Pre (Sprint) back to firmware 1.3.5.1 from 1.4...

I was told to download WebOS Doctor 1.3.5.1 to do so...

So, I did...now I'm having trouble using the program...it starts up fine, and everything's dandy up until the point where I have the Pre connected and the progress bar shows up on WebOSDoctor's window...a few minutes pass while the bar is still at 0% completion, then an error shows up, saying that the phone has been disconnected, when it clearly hasn't...it does this everytime: I've restarted the phone, the computer, NovacomD is always running, and I'm sure nothing is wrong with my USB port (though, oddly, it's only when I connect it to a certain port that the WebOSDoctor recognizes it as "connected")...

Am I doing something wrong?...sorry if this is the wrong forum...
    Use the following information ... granted some of the info is out of date, but the justs on how to get the webos doctor to work are there:

http://www.precentral.net/how-to-res...en-bricked-pre
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Wrong thread section, but try this anyway. If you don't need certain components that use USB, unplug those first!! Then turn the phone completely OFF. Plug it into your "good" USB port, and then hold the volume UP button on Pre while turning it back on(do not let go of volume up button until you get the BIG USB symbol accross the whole Pre screen), and then run the Doctor...check out the below thread for more help. My suggestion is based on VeeDubb65's post at http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1971994

If this helped, please hit the "Thanks!" button, and especially for VeeDubb65's Good luck!
    Palm Pre on Sprint. WebOS 1.4.5
    If I helped you, a thanks would be much appreciated (Thanks button located on right side)
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Palm Pre on Sprint. WebOS 1.4.5
    If I helped you, a thanks would be much appreciated (Thanks button located on right side)
    you can also get it to give you the big USB symbol by holding the volume up button while plugging it into your wall charger. The symbol shows up and then you can plug it into your PC and Dr will recognize it instantly.
  6.    #6  
    I don't think you all are understandinng me...

When I use WebOS Doctor 1.4 version, it works just fine, no problems at all...its only when I use previous versions that I get hung up...

I'm getting the USB symbol to show up on the Pre when I connect it with no problem...but it stays on the Pre screen, and even after WebOS says that the Pre has been disconnected (which it clerarly hasn't), the USB symbol stays on the screen, and I have to remove the battery on my Pre to get it to start over...

So, yes, I can get WebOS doctor 1.3.5.1 to recognize the Pre at first...I don't know what happens to cause it to say that the phone has been disconnected in the middle of the process of doctoring, tho...