Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    that is the question.. please help
    +1 I'm surprised we don't have a patch yet actually, I thought I read somewhere on here a while back that Bing was in the code just not "activated" even in 1.3.5
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    that is the question.. please help
    its not currently available for sprint users, but im sure there will be a patch if its avalaible on verizons network and not ours lol
    I could've sworn there was one available a long time ago... have you searched preware?
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by srath16 View Post
    its not currently available for sprint users, but im sure there will be a patch if its avalaible on verizons network and not ours lol
    i know it's not available.. but i know it can be done quickly because we already have keytoss which allows you to make yahoo your default universal search option.. maybe an update to keytoss?
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    ?
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    i know it's not available.. but i know it can be done quickly because we already have keytoss which allows you to make yahoo your default universal search option.. maybe an update to keytoss?
    You can select bing via KeyToss with the @b keyword.

I looked at adding bing along with Yahoo before, but excluded it because bing formatted badly on the Pre. They've since fixed it. Next time I update the KeyToss Keyword Search patch, I'll include bing as an option if it's possible. (Something's changed and the list of search engine options doesn't seem to work as before. I haven't looked into how to fix it yet.)
    If you are ready to get down and get dirty with the code, you could probably get Bing in Universal Search using the info found here:

Patch Browser Global Search Addons - WebOS Internals
    well im one that would like the bing instead of google . cant stand google but until we get another maps function anything like google well ....
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    you can change it from the Web preferences menu. That changes the universal search too.

It is actually a decent search engine on the Pre. The interface is pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by prebulls View Post
    you can change it from the Web preferences menu. That changes the universal search too.

It is actually a decent search engine on the Pre. The interface is pretty good.
    Not on Sprint pre's, there is no option for Bing.
    I can do it for you as long as you don't mind replacing something with Bing. I think Palm changed the file in 1.4 so you can't as easily change add entries. I successfully changed Twitter to dictionary.com.

Just tell me what you want Bing to replace.
    I wonder why Verizon gets a Bing option but Sprint doesn't. Not cool!
    I forgot all about this thread Doh! Balderson, if you're still up for it I can get rid of my Twitter search for Bing since my apps do that for me.
    FWIW...Here's a patch that should work without removing anything.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    FWIW...Here's a patch that should work without removing anything.

hey i just downloaded this patch, works great but the problem is that it takes you to the full site, is their a way i can have it be directed to the mobile site?
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    hey i just downloaded this patch, works great but the problem is that it takes you to the full site, is their a way i can have it be directed to the mobile site?
    Actually, the patch above simply adds Bing to the list, since ever thing else is already in place, i.e. image and URL.

Anyhow, here's a patch that changes the url to the mobile web search.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Actually, the patch above simply adds Bing to the list, since ever thing else is already in place, i.e. image and URL.

Anyhow, here's a patch that changes the url to the mobile web search.

Thanks this is supper sweeeeeetttt.
    Oh, sorry. I forgot about this thread, too. Looks like xanthinealkaloid's patch is working good?