1.    #1  
    Does a patch exist right now to hide the Verizon branded Mobile Hotspot icon that was brought in with the 1.4 update?

If not such a patch would be greatly appreciated!
  2.    #2  
    Thanks for your help. Didn't quite work out though :'(

Here's the error message I received:
    http ://omploader.org/vM3FqYg/Picture%201.PNG
    Sorry about that, not sure why it worked fine for me.

Apparently having issues getting attachments to work on the forums.

via my Dropbox: hideVZWNavApp.patch
  4.    #4  
    Veritas - I'm still getting the same error

Maybe I'm doing something wrong with the install process.

First I connect my phone, then launch WebOS Quick Install and drag in the patch you provided, then I hit install.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks again for your help!
    what version webosqi are you running?
  6.    #6  
    WebOSQI 3.02 and WebOS 1.4
  7.    #7  
    Bump and can a mod move this to the patch section?
    I just realized, i may have made an error when making this patch ( since i'm on a Sprint Pre, & not a Verizon one ).

I included two patches here since one is used for Verizon Customers & another is used for other carriers that have the Hotspot app installed.

Verizon Customers use this patch to hide the HotSpot App:
    hideVZWHotSpotAppVZWUsers.patch

All other carriers use this patch:
    hideVZWHotSpotApp.patch
    Attached Files Attached Files
  9.    #9  
    Thanks again for the help but seems still not to work

Here's the errorlog:
    Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------
    PATCH INSTALLATION Sun Mar  7 21:20:50 EST 2010
    ------------------------------------------------------
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.hidevzwhotspotappvzwusers/hidevzwhotspotappvzwusers.patch

----------------------------------
    Dry run patch attempt...
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.mobilehotspot/appinfo.json
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 8.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.mobilehotspot/appinfo.json.rej

dry run failed, checking if -R would succeed
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.mobilehotspot/appinfo.json
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 8.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.mobilehotspot/appinfo.json.rej

Installation FAILED!
    ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.hidevzwhotspotappvzwusers
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.hidevzwhotspotappvzwusers:
    hidevzwhotspotappvzwusers.patch
    package_list
    *** FAILED ***
    Dumb question, but do you have Developer Mode on? I've never seen problems like this for a simple 'hide app' patch. Also, you do have a VZW Pre, correct?

Do you ever use the Hotspot app? If you want i can give you a step-by-step on manually hiding the application ( it is alot simpler than you would think ) if you'd like. I'm not sure why this is causing such an issue.
  11.    #11  
    I'm on a Pixi with Developer Mode on.

If the step-by-step instructions aren't too difficult I could give em a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by bends View Post
    I'm on a Pixi with Developer Mode on.

If the step-by-step instructions aren't too difficult I could give em a shot.
    Okay, shouldn't change the instructions. Like i said i have a Sprint Pre so i'm guessing at the one path, but this should work. You might want to read this over just to be sure you understand what's going on. If you don't understand a step & need something cleared up, just let me know.

01. Open webOS Quick Install & go to 'Tools > Receive Files.' For file copy & paste the following in:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.mobilehotspot/appinfo.json
    For 'Destination Folder' i suggest the Desktop for easy access.

02. Open the appinfo.json with Notepad or Notepad++ ( if you have it installed ).

03. After one of the lines ( my patch added to the line right after "vendor": "Palm", add:
    "visible": "false",
    04. Save the file & go back to webOS Quick Install.

05. Go to 'Tools > Send File' & browse for the appinfo.json file you just edited.

06. For Destination Folder enter:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.mobilehotspot/
    ( I don't think you have to enter the filename but if there is an error, try /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.mobilehotspot/appinfo.json

Just a note, this will most likely stick during any webOS update, & will have to be manually edited to allow the app to appear again.
  13.    #13  
    Thanks a ton Veritas!

Your instructions took me just a few minutes and worked perfectly.

Much Appreciated!
    No problem! Glad i could help!