Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Do any of the developers know how hard it would be to take any of the existing iphone apps and make them for WebOS. I don't know, but it's been bugging me, so I figured I would ask the experts! Thanks.
    Honestly with the PDK out here in a couple weeks, id say easy.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    both phones have the same screen resolution right?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    You have to rewrite the whole thing (other than a game, where you use the PDK) in a completely different programing language and model.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Nothing says you cant use the PDK for non-games?
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FuManChuu View Post
    Nothing says you cant use the PDK for non-games?
    None of the iPhone apis exist in WebOS. So if the app is all C code that draws stuff then PDK makes it easy, but if you wan to integrate with the device and have webOS UI, its a total rewrite.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    hrm, I haven't spent enough time with the iphone... but I wonder how many apps completely operate in C like games... surely some devs take that route.
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    If the iPhone app uses OpenGL-ES API's with Objective-C (mainly games) it is relatively easy to port to the Pre.

Use of the iPhone's device API ( Widgets, Telephony, Event model, Notifications etc) would be a partial rewrite and require the developer to learn a different API. Very daunting for any company to take on without a clear ROI.