Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have never used mytether, I want to though, does anyone know for certain if it works with WebOS 1.4? I searched around an wasn't able to find a solid answer...

For the paid version, can I install it with a Mac? Or will I have to use Windows thru bootcamp?

Also, once it's all installed, do I need freetether for mytether to work? Or mobile hotspot? Or do I just get mytether and thats it?

Finally, once its all set up, can I tether through USB on my mac?

Thanks so much!
    It works great once you donate for it you have access to a private forum that can assist you with all your questions.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    It works great once you donate for it you have access to a private forum that can assist you with all your questions.
    it works great with 1.4?

What about installing it on a Mac? I don't want to donate and then oops, I can't use it!
    yes works great on 1.4
    yes it has a mac installer.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    yes works great on 1.4
    yes it has a mac installer.
    when I donate and get it, will it tell me how to install it on a mac, or am I going to have to figure al that out myself?
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vtboyarc View Post
    when I donate and get it, will it tell me how to install it on a mac, or am I going to have to figure al that out myself?
    You phone just needs to be setup in dev mode just like if you were using WebOSQuickInstall...
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    You phone just needs to be setup in dev mode just like if you were using WebOSQuickInstall...
    oh dang really? Is it just like installing preware thru quickinstall? That is nice.

What about usb tethering though? Because the instructions on the mytether website are for windows vista/7
    works great, my FIOS was down last night for a few hours, used my Pre and MyTether to get my MacBook Air online.
    Jimmie Geddes
    i donated. but i cant get it to work on my Verizon Pre Plus with Windows 7 netbook. yes im on 1.4.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    i donated. but i cant get it to work on my Verizon Pre Plus with Windows 7 netbook. yes im on 1.4.
    If you donated, you have access to the members forums. They are the best place to get your informaiton. Depending on the issue you are having, they have likely found the solution. I have 1.4 and have used it over BT and Wifi on an 2 XP machines and an old ibook G4.
    I looked for the mytether app, but can't find it in the App Catalog. Where can I get it?!
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    [url= Tether : Tethering for Palm Pre - turn your Palm Pre into 3G WiFi router![/url]
    EXCELLENT...Thank You!
    Quote Originally Posted by clevelandrocker View Post
    EXCELLENT...Thank You!
    Use the thank you button
    I was going to purchase this, but saw posts that it was not working any longer after 1.4. Has this issue been fixed? and if so, where is the best link to get this item now....Thks
    yes it is working please do a forums search next time to avoid reposts
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    yes it is working please do a forums search next time to avoid reposts
    Thanks bro...is it just basically download and install? no rooting or anything needed anymore correct? Also where is a good link to get it
    <<merged>>
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by flash8o View Post
    Thanks bro...is it just basically download and install? no rooting or anything needed anymore correct? Also where is a good link to get it
    yes you need to access command line to install
    Look up at post 12
    Just call me Berd.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast