1.    #1  
    Is there any way to find an open app and essentially get a screenshot of it, or get its graphical layout at that moment?
  2.    #2  
    Any ideas?
    can you elaborate? i assume your requesting a way to find if an app is open on the device, and if so then take a screenshot? if i'm assuming right, i haven't been able to find a way to do a screenshot programmatically by legitimate means. there was someone i thanked that had some linux command to take a screencapture on the device (i believe), but that didn't help me for app catalogability.
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by shanerooni View Post
    can you elaborate? i assume your requesting a way to find if an app is open on the device, and if so then take a screenshot? if i'm assuming right, i haven't been able to find a way to do a screenshot programmatically by legitimate means. there was someone i thanked that had some linux command to take a screencapture on the device (i believe), but that didn't help me for app catalogability.
    It's not quite a screenshot. What I mean is it's like card view, where the graphics of each app is viewable as a card.
    maybe i don't understand the end application of the request, which might help clarify (not that i would know the answer anyway, but it's definitely an interesting question)...
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by shanerooni View Post
    maybe i don't understand the end application of the request, which might help clarify (not that i would know the answer anyway, but it's definitely an interesting question)...
    Can't give that away just yet.
    I'm not understanding you 100%, but there is definitely a way to see if a particular card exists at any point in time if you have an app assistant. I believe you can find out what scene is currently displayed as well (I'd have to double check that one though). No way that I know of to do screen shots though, at least not if you are trying to get your app in the App Catalog...

Sounds kind of big brotherish.... LOL
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxidasical View Post
    I'm not understanding you 100%, but there is definitely a way to see if a particular card exists at any point in time if you have an app assistant. I believe you can find out what scene is currently displayed as well (I'd have to double check that one though). No way that I know of to do screen shots though, at least not if you are trying to get your app in the App Catalog...

Sounds kind of big brotherish.... LOL
    Can you explain a bit more? How would one app, say "SomeApp" use its app assistant to see if another app has a card and what scene is displayed?
    Ah, I see what you are saying now! No, I don't think it's possible using the standard SDK. Maybe you should talk to one of the guys at Internalz...
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL