1.    #1  
    now that the new sdk is out with video capture available, is it possible to create a webcam app
    I was JUST wondering the same thing, if it is possible to stream video from the Pre...
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    More then likely I would say yes I hope theres an api in there that will allow the microphone to be used.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    chatroulette app for palm pre
    There is an API for an app to record video now.

Good Luck to whoever wants to take it on!
    i think it's a cool idea, but who are you going to look at? haha! you're just going to have someone watching you, but i guess you could run an adult site from your pre or pixi???
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by shanerooni View Post
    i think it's a cool idea, but who are you going to look at? haha! you're just going to have someone watching you, but i guess you could run an adult site from your pre or pixi???
    haha good one. i was thinking more of using streaming video from my phone to my gf to show her places i go to. then if i want to see her then just turn the phone around ya kno? or use a mirror lol.. either way it would be nice to be able to stream video from our phone to online sites such as blogtv.com and stickam.
    I want it to stream so if someone steals my phone, I can see them, take screen shots and then get sued for invasion of privacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    I want it to stream so if someone steals my phone, I can see them, take screen shots and then get sued for invasion of privacy.
    Exactly what I wanted to incorporate into MoJack 2.0 (minus the lawsuits!!! LOL)...
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Reading the developer info, I think that it's not possible to stream live video, but instead, you can record a video and then use that in your application, similar to how you can't directly access the camera for photos, but you can have your app take a picture.

In other words, I don't think we can have any live streaming, but it should be easy for apps to record a video and then upload that to a site.

Of course, I could be misinterpreting. It's just my impression that at least with the SDK (who knows about the PDK), that you're slightly limited in what you can do with it at this time.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I'm not sure if an actual streaming video would be possible, but a combo of using the/a webserver and an app that takes a pic every set interval and either saves it on the phone to be viewed from the website on the phone or uploads to another website/server or even emails/texts, would theoretically be possible so long as the api's support it...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    Uh...the camera's on the wrong side of the phone for that.

As for streaming, it's likely only possible with a homebrew app with some patching as the current API only allows making a video file - you can't stream the bytes to your app. (BTW, why does Palm always do stuff like this? They refuse to enable the more useful and amazing things on this OS!)
    maybe he's hoping to get finger prints!
    Jesus the uncreated creator - All things came into existence through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence. (John 1:3 NWT)

Treo 600 > Treo 650 > PPC6700 > PPC6800 > Touch Diamond > Palm Pre > HTC EVO
    +1 I would love to see a webcam app!

-Toaster
    God bless america!!
    Tell ya what, if someone succeeds in making a webcam app, I'll patent a slip on 90 degree/90 degree mirrored periscope accessory...it'll act like a speakerbox, too, making the speaker louder in front of the Pre..

Something like this:

. { \
    / \\ } /
    | ||
    \ //