Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I would love to see some useful WDW apps! Whether its a Lines App, a Times Guide, park maps/guides, or even just a WDW News or Trivia app. Very big into Disney World...and I'm jealous of all the excellent apps for the iPhone (and the particularly awesome Verizon-only Mobile Magic app).
    Then, Find a Lawyer App
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Who's the developer for the Disney 'Mobile Magic' app for Verizon? Anyone know?
    I went to Disney World for the first time in my life and wished I had some WDW apps, but their mobile site was OK. My friend had an android app for it and made me jealous.
    I'm looking for the WDW app as well. The developer is listed as Disney. Someone brew one up fast!!!
    I mean, why not? We already have almost 10 different fart apps.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    I'm afraid hendross is right. If you did develop a WDW app, you would be extremely likely to receive a cease and desist letter.

For what it's worth, my brother used the Verizon app and said it was a life saver. I wish we could make an app like that for WebOS.

I'd like to tell you I'm a jaded world traveller who finds WDW boring, but the fact of the matter is I love WDW.

Back when it was announced that Disney was buying Marvel Comics I did a tribute picture of what I thought an awesome outcome of the acquisition might be: Mouseketeers Assemble! Hope you like it.

How about a quick contest here?

The first person who can post a reply here correctly telling me which Disney character is playing Iron Man in my drawing (and who has the ability to install an ipk directly to their WebOS phone) will win a copy of my new app Galactic Beacon: Volume 1.

My app is an eReader anthology of science fiction, fantasy, and comics.

If you think my drawing sucks or you really don't know how to install an ipk (webos app) file to your phone, then please don't enter.

He's not a super common Disney character, but true fans will recognize him.

How about a second prize (the same thing, a copy of my app) for anyone who can name his sidekick?

Let's say you can't win both prizes, so only enter one or the other!

Just post your answers here, and I'll check back to see if anyone enters and wins!

jeffa
    Original science fiction, fantasy and comics for WebOS - Galactic Beacon: Volume 1
    Disneyland too!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffa00 View Post
    I'm afraid hendross is right. If you did develop a WDW app, you would be extremely likely to receive a cease and desist letter.

For what it's worth, my brother used the Verizon app and said it was a life saver. I wish we could make an app like that for WebOS.

I'd like to tell you I'm a jaded world traveller who finds WDW boring, but the fact of the matter is I love WDW.

Back when it was announced that Disney was buying Marvel Comics I did a tribute picture of what I thought an awesome outcome of the acquisition might be: Mouseketeers Assemble! Hope you like it.

How about a quick contest here?

The first person who can post a reply here correctly telling me which Disney character is playing Iron Man in my drawing (and who has the ability to install an ipk directly to their WebOS phone) will win a copy of my new app Galactic Beacon: Volume 1.

My app is an eReader anthology of science fiction, fantasy, and comics.

If you think my drawing sucks or you really don't know how to install an ipk (webos app) file to your phone, then please don't enter.

He's not a super common Disney character, but true fans will recognize him.

How about a second prize (the same thing, a copy of my app) for anyone who can name his sidekick?

Let's say you can't win both prizes, so only enter one or the other!

Just post your answers here, and I'll check back to see if anyone enters and wins!

jeffa
    Just researching it, I am going to say gizmoduck.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    The last time I was at Disney World, some people spoke very highly about an iPhone app called Lines. They support the Palm Pre and other platforms via a mobile site as opposed to a native app. They charge an annual subscription to use the service and apparently it includes, among other features, real-time updates of lines at the attractions.

Lines The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    Just researching it, I am going to say gizmoduck.
    You are very, very close. Gizmoduck is from a later time. You gotta go back further than that. Gizmo didn't have the little sidekick.

Big hint: he was in the Disney Comics in the '70s when I was a kid.
    Original science fiction, fantasy and comics for WebOS - Galactic Beacon: Volume 1
    You are very, very close. Gizmoduck is from a later time. You gotta go back further than that. Gizmo didn't have the little sidekick.

Big hint: he was in the Disney Comics in the '70s when I was a kid.
    That rules out the other guess I had fathomed.. Darkwingduck (who had a sidekick but was in the 1990's)
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    That rules out the other guess I had fathomed.. Darkwingduck (who had a sidekick but was in the 1990's)
    You are very, very close. He is an inventor who appeared in the comics when I was a kid and according to Wikipedia "was also a frequent star of the animated DuckTales."

The sidekick is the little guy riding on his shoulder.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    You are very, very close. He is an inventor who appeared in the comics when I was a kid and according to Wikipedia "was also a frequent star of the animated DuckTales."

The sidekick is the little guy riding on his shoulder.
    You were closest with the Gizmoduck guess. The character I'm referring to invented the suit...

Hint, hint, hint... :-)
    Gyro Gearloose

Sidekick: Little Helper

He done the whole Gizmoduck with sidekick Roboduck
    Last edited by DJeremyC; 07/02/2010 at 08:27 AM.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    DJeremyC and I think alike cause I was just comin to post that as my guess too. Congrats man!
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    Gyro Gearloose

Sidekick: Little Helper

He done the whole Gizmoduck with sidekick Roboduck
    We have a winner!

I'll PM you with instructions for claiming your prize.

jeffa
    That is not the case. I have a family member who is an app developer on the iPhone, specifically a disney app. It's not an issue at all as long as the name of the app meets guidlines. I will probably see him tonight and I will ask him the details to be sure.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by selphj View Post
    That is not the case. I have a family member who is an app developer on the iPhone, specifically a disney app. It's not an issue at all as long as the name of the app meets guidlines. I will probably see him tonight and I will ask him the details to be sure.
    Assuming lawyers aren't required, then you hit hurdle number two: source of data. Unless Disney publishes a feed with the info about the lines, etc. I'm not sure how you would get it. Once you have that, then you have a shot at making a cool app. You could integrate GPS and google maps too so that you could show what's near you at the moment with the shortest line, etc.
    agree would like this app
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast