Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Top Bar Patches....

I don't like any of the mega/remix patches that are available because they remove the date stamp and/or the battery level.

Just want the Advanced Phone Menu and the Flashlight in Device Menu items in the device menu [maybe the brightness & GPS in device menu as well.]

If I install one I cannot seem to install the other. I get 1 out of 8 hunks fail, or something.

I want to bring this to someone's attention so that maybe it will be addressed. Or if there is already a solution/workaround... Maybe someone can bring them to my attention... my search revealed nothing.
    Most of the individual device menu patches are incompatible because they all need to insert a div in the same place of an html file. This was the reason for the creation of the mix patches.

I have been hoping that someone will eventually just combine ALL of the device menu options along with a user preference scene/app allowing to customize the top bar on the fly.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Thanks for your quick response.

a combined "Uber" device menu patch would be awesome, but I am not sure why there is a need to remove the battery or date stamps in the device menu. Sure the menu gets longer when you add 3 or more patches to it, but the menu would scroll. I realize some people would not like this, but it does't bother me.

Your suggestion of a setting page to toggle different Device menu items on or off seems to be the solution that would satisfy almost everyone.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Was interested in installing the Advanced Phone Menu to the device menu and then manually editing the files necessary to add GPS, Brightness, & Flashlight.

I looked here, but the links to the various patches don't reveal the code that need to be modified as webos-internals.org does under the 'current patches' section of that site.

Is there somewhere I can get more info...Maybe if I could get the code that needed to be modified I could contribute somehow.