1.    #1  
    Has anyone here tried minifying all the javascript, css and html in the built-in javascript apps from Palm? Did it speed things up?

I would imagine that especially on the Sprint device it would speed things up where there's limited memory.
    Hello,

i've testet it in a application i developed for tests and did notice a performance boost on startup and on DB access with a Depot.
    I tested it 3 times to build an average. Before compression i have a average of 2.85 seconds, after compression i had an average of 2.07 seconds for the same operations.
    I used jscompress.com for my tests...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by rretsiem View Post
    Hello,

i've testet it in a application i developed for tests and did notice a performance boost on startup and on DB access with a Depot.
    I tested it 3 times to build an average. Before compression i have a average of 2.85 seconds, after compression i had an average of 2.07 seconds for the same operations.
    Right, but I meant the PALM apps that come with webos. For example, com.palm.app.browser. Has anyone tried this?
    Hello,

Did you use JSMin or Packer?
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    this seems very promising, thanks for telling me about jsmin. Would like more info about people playing with this.

I think this would mess up patching though (I might be wrong)
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxidasical View Post
    Did you use JSMin or Packer?
    I used minify (JSMin) for my tests, haven't tested it with Packer yet.
    I used minify (JSMin) for my tests, haven't tested it with Packer yet.
    If you plan to test with Packer please post the results! There probably won't be a huge difference between the two, but I'd like to use which ever is faster (and stable!).
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    There's the Closure Compiler from Google.

Closure Compiler - Google Code
    Mobile photoblog http://post.jauderho.com/