Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by GoGayleGo View Post
    OK, I've replaced all four files I know to replace (heh, I'm now an "expert" at replacing files). Didn't fix the problem...Eric, if you want to provide guidance on how to remove via command line (and exactly which file to remove), I'd be forever in your debt!
    ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps remove <packageid>

See preware ID field for packageid

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Success!

Eric, I cannot thank you enough, I really appreciate it. I've learned a ton along the way, so that's always a good thing.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Eric or Gayle, can you provide some more steps? I was hoping to do this via the WOQI linux commandline, as every time I open terminal i get a restart. I tried going through the command line using above comand, but it just tells me "syntax error: newline unexpeced"

I have two patches, in the exact situation you are in, that I cannot get rid of, scrim email and scrim messaging, they will not update, and neither Preware nor WOSQI can remove them.

Any help is appreciated!
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I have no prior experience with this other than what you've seen (so I won't be of any help as far as the error message) but I can tell you I used the WOSQI Linux command line. I did as Eric suggested, obtained the packageid from Preware (turned out to be the same as the file indicated in the Hunk error, at least for me), and typed in the command as above. Sorry not to be of more help!
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GoGayleGo View Post
    I have no prior experience with this other than what you've seen (so I won't be of any help as far as the error message) but I can tell you I used the WOSQI Linux command line. I did as Eric suggested, obtained the packageid from Preware (turned out to be the same as the file indicated in the Hunk error, at least for me), and typed in the command as above. Sorry not to be of more help!
    Thanks, did you have to put anything in front of the ipkg -o command? Also, my commandline begins with "root@palm-webos-device" is this the same?
    Quote Originally Posted by tdogg0413 View Post
    Eric or Gayle, can you provide some more steps? I was hoping to do this via the WOQI linux commandline, as every time I open terminal i get a restart. I tried going through the command line using above comand, but it just tells me "syntax error: newline unexpeced"

I have two patches, in the exact situation you are in, that I cannot get rid of, scrim email and scrim messaging, they will not update, and neither Preware nor WOSQI can remove them.

Any help is appreciated!
    EPR or Doctor first

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I was hoping to avoid DR if possible, as I've had mixed results in the past. I have tried EPR as well as all of the "emergency" files. I will Dr as a last resort if necessary. Thanks Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by tdogg0413 View Post
    I was hoping to avoid DR if possible, as I've had mixed results in the past. I have tried EPR as well as all of the "emergency" files. I will Dr as a last resort if necessary. Thanks Eric
    EPR should be fine, just don't want to remove package data via command line unless you are sure the patch isn't installed, which EPR is good for. So after EPR feel free to try the command line removal listed above.

-Eric G

Donate
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    EPR should be fine, just don't want to remove package data via command line unless you are sure the patch isn't installed, which EPR is good for. So after EPR feel free to try the command line removal listed above.
    Ok. I did do EPR, many times. Can you give me any more info on the commandline method? I did try that, and as I stated above, it gave me the syntax error.

Thanks
    just that you are supposed to replace the entirety of "<packageid>" with the right package id.

-Eric G

Donate
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    just that you are supposed to replace the entirety of "<packageid>" with the right package id.
    That's what I have been doing, it returns the following:

root@palm-webos-device: ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps remove <org.webosinternals.patches.email-scrim-email>
    syntax error: newline unexpected
    root@palm-webos-device:
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    You need to remove the brackets < and > from around the package id. Eric was being quite literal when he said to replace the entirety...that includes the brackets. I almost mentioned it in my earlier e-mail, but thought it might come across the wrong way...sorry 'bout that!
    Last edited by GoGayleGo; 03/03/2010 at 08:23 PM.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    It's been a couple years since I've been around the software development world, should have seen that one coming! They are finally gone, thanks both both of you. For some reason, removing the brackets never even crossed my mind. Thanks GoGayleGo

Eric, lest I forget, thanks for all the work you do.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Heh, I had to stop and think myself before I did it, and I just happenend to guess correctly - glad you got it going!
    I'm trying to follow but I can't seem to get something right...I need a link to show how to use the command line or EXACTLY what I need to type to remove a patch..."Read Delete All Email"..thank you. Any help is welcomed
    This works for me!

Thanks folks!

I have linked to this fix at:

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...79#post2283479

Make sure and check out Eric's warnings there about using this fix.

But anyway here's my example of what to type at the command line (sub your app):

ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps remove org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-hide-nascar-app

My thanks button no work!
    Hmm.. I thought I had found a great tip... but alas it did not work for me.

When I typed that in for me, it said no package found, nothing to be done.

I'm trying to remove 'advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher'.

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12