1.    #1  
    Is there a way to make my app's background translucent or transparent? It's a homebrew app so it's fine if it's not ok for official use.
    I have been searching for a patch or app that does that. No luck. I wish someone could figure it out (if its even possible). I know "scrims" allow you to change the wallpaper on apps, but you cant use transparent images because the default wallpaper shows underneath it. So, I hope someone can figure out a way. I know I'd definitely be willing to pay!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcfish03 View Post
    I have been searching for a patch or app that does that. No luck. I wish someone could figure it out (if its even possible). I know "scrims" allow you to change the wallpaper on apps, but you cant use transparent images because the default wallpaper shows underneath it. So, I hope someone can figure out a way. I know I'd definitely be willing to pay!
    What do you mean the default wallpaper shows behind it? Your phone's "desktop" shows, or something else?
    Have you tested it with CSS and the "opacity" property already?
    Im not sure, but i think thats the way the launcher does it.
    Have you tried using a png file that has an opacity of something like 50% as your background?
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    try adding this to the css file:
    Code:
    body.palm-default {
    	background:transparent;
    }
    Not certain it'll work but worth a try.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxidasical View Post
    Have you tried using a png file that has an opacity of something like 50% as your background?
    i tried this before with the contacts , email and messaging app but didn't work , the most opacity was gray and not trasparent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    i tried this before with the contacts , email and messaging app but didn't work , the most opacity was gray and not trasparent!
    Hmmm...that probably means that the card stage itself has a backgroud color. I guess that makes sense, I've noticed sometimes when I make a JSJSJS $error$ $and$ $get$ $a$ $blank$ $card$ $it$'$s$ $always$ $white$ $or$ $gray$ ($depending$ $on$ $the$ $type$ $of$ $error$).
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL