Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Is there a way to install multiple patches at once like in a queue? I was thinking similar to the way you download homebrew apps in WebOSQuickInstall, it downloads all the packages then you click install and it goes through the queue and installs them.

This would really be handy so you don't have to click a single patch.... wait 30 seconds... click the next patch... wait, etc. I know you can look at a big list of patches in the online repository section of tweaks but you can't install them all at once.

Does anyone know of an existing way to do this? If not, it'd be a great feature to develop.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tyler3_o View Post
    Is there a way to install multiple patches at once like in a queue? I was thinking similar to the way you download homebrew apps in WebOSQuickInstall, it downloads all the packages then you click install and it goes through the queue and installs them.

This would really be handy so you don't have to click a single patch.... wait 30 seconds... click the next patch... wait, etc. I know you can look at a big list of patches in the online repository section of tweaks but you can't install them all at once.

Does anyone know of an existing way to do this? If not, it'd be a great feature to develop.
    just bumping...
    If you install via webosqi you can load up the patches and install at once. With the latest os update I would make sure they work with the device first though.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Yea I have webosqi but is there a place I can download all the actual patch files?
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    bump...
    it'd be cool to be able to do this in preware.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMarine03 View Post
    it'd be cool to be able to do this in preware.
    Yea, maybe like a checkbox type thing then an INSTALL ALL button?
    well, if you have .patch files, you can do bulk installs, like with ipks in WOSQi
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    well, if you have .patch files, you can do bulk installs, like with ipks in WOSQi
    Jason something I've wondered lately are .patch files installed vis WebosQI Aupt or just normal?
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    Jason something I've wondered lately are .patch files installed vis WebosQI Aupt or just normal?
    Basically, what WebO Quick Install does when it installs a .patch is this:
    1. Transfers patch to device
    2. Creates an artificial ipkg entry for the patch's package
    3. Downloads the current postinst/prerm AUPT scripts from WebOS-Internals' git repository directly to the device. Scripts will downoladed will always be the most current ones
    4. Runs the AUPT postinst script

So normal AUPT format that WebOS-Internals uses in their patch packages

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Where can I get all the .patch files? I can't find it on the feed addresses.
    3. Downloads the current postinst/prerm AUPT scripts from WebOS-Internals' git repository directly to the device. Scripts will downoladed will always be the most current ones

Interesting solution. Why not, then, just make the patches themselves ipkg files and use ipkg to manage them directly?
    Quote Originally Posted by tyler3_o View Post
    Where can I get all the .patch files? I can't find it on the feed addresses.
    Commits in webos-internals/modifications:webos-1.4.0 - Gitorious

Global Posts
    810 Global Posts

Awesome... wasn't concerned but was curious been messing with some .patch files and started to wonder how one would make a AUPT patch if it was down in the background..

Thanks...