1.    #1  
    I have a problem where I am unable to send any picture messages via MMS to anyone as well as receive them. Additional to that, I am unable to turn on my GPS. When I go to Location Services, the Turn On GPS button does nothing. Activating via the drop down menu doesn't work either and turning it on via Sprint Navigation doesn't activate it.

This problem appeared when I obtained my refurb with the OS that was downloaded into it (1.3.5.1). I decided to wait until 1.4 to doctor it and see if it would fix it. Sadly it didn't. It went through a complete doctor and the problem persists.

Does anyone have a clue how to fix this?

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I don't know how to fix it, but I have the EXACT same problem. I got my phone on the first day they went on sale in June and never had any problems with picture mail until the 1.3.5.1 update. I decided to "live" with it until 1.4 came out in hopes of it getting fixed. No joy. I am beginning to think it is related to the restoring of the palmdatabase.db3 file. Did you backup and restore that file on a 1.3.5.1 device? I have been reluctant to doctor my phone back to 1.2, then restore my database, then upgrade to 1.4. My wifes pre is identical to mine with all the same patches, with the exception of me restoring my palmdatabase.db3 file after doctoring with 1.3.5.1.
    Last edited by daaknes; 02/28/2010 at 09:31 AM.
  3.    #3  
    I did restore my PalmDatabase.db3 file as well. I'm going to do some serious experimenting later today and hopefully find the problem. That could be the issue, but you can't pinpoint it yet. Definitely a software problem.
    Hey Guys, I can't get my MMS to send pictures to anyone either. I don't know what a palmdatabase.db3 file is, so I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. I have some patches installed, but nothing that I would think has anything to do with sending pics via MMS. I hope somebody finds a solution to this. Thanks.
  5.    #5  
    do you have the gps issue as well? What happens when you try to send a pic MMS? Your issue could be separate of ours.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    OK, I deleted my PalmDatabase.db3 file and now I have GPS and can send picture messages. I was also having various problems with my calendar and now they are all fixed also. I don't have anyone to send me a picturemail at the the moment so I am not sure if I can receive picture mail now. I am going to restore my old PalmDatabase.db3 and see if the problem comes back.
  7.    #7  
    Glad to see you could link it to a faulty PalmDatabase.db3. I'm going to open up the file and see if I can find the errorous values. Hopefully I have a old file somewhere. I really don't wanna lose my text messages. Gotta wait til I get home though to test it out though
  8.    #8  
    Seems like I'm forced to start fresh with my PalmDatabase.db3

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    I've got the exact same problem with the messages. GPS works fine for me. PalmDatabase.db3 is a huge file, so I'm not even sure where to start looking, but hopefully we can figure out how to restore backups of it without breaking mms.
    im on sprint, i can get MMS fine been getting them all day, but i cant send any, one person reports actually receiving a MMS i sent today, weird cuz it was working fine just yesterday
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Had the same problem! Did a 1.4 webos doctor after extracting my palm database file and even tried sending an mms first which worked fine and after copying my database file back over and rebooting, mms sends just sit and do nothing indefinitely. It really sucks cause I had tons of text message history as well as memo's, etc. that I didn't want to start over fresh with but it seems thats the only way. Unfortunately, that backup solution is worthless if you want your phone to still function correclty afterwards. I sure hope someone finds a way around this..
    question is why does bringing in an old database file bjork MMS??
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    similar post by volcom45 the other day..but just to add to this...i'm pre + on verizon & no homebrew, doc, patches, etc.--just straight pre+. Updated to 1.4 last w/e & haven't been able to send pic text since..could before 1.4.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    don't know if it's a fluke or not but just turned on location services--had turned off to conserve battery. After turning back on pic text messages are now going through. Turned back off again and tried and still went through. Odd but thought i'd share.
    Quote Originally Posted by npyle View Post
    don't know if it's a fluke or not but just turned on location services--had turned off to conserve battery. After turning back on pic text messages are now going through. Turned back off again and tried and still went through. Odd but thought i'd share.
    Wow, could it be that simple? Someone willing to be a guinea pig and go restore their database file and then try turning on location services and sending an MMS pic?
    i turned my location services back on as well....sent a pic to a friends cell this morning around 9-10am just got a text at almost 2:30om saying they JUST received it

edit: i forgot to restore my palmdatabase.db3 file i just did it and with the location services turned on i am able to send MMS
    Last edited by mksand28; 03/10/2010 at 02:18 AM. Reason: update
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!