Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Today I went to a friends house and he used webos quickinstall (i couldnt get it to run on my pc) to allow homebrew apps to run on my palm pre. Everything was great for a while and I went homebrew app-download-crazy. I got all sorts of stuff.

Now, I tried to connect my pc to my phone so i could transfer some files i have on the hard drive of the phone; however, now when I connect it to my pc I get all sort of windows auto-install screens and my palm pre never triggers the USB mode option, so I cant get into the hard drive.

Any Ideas?

These are the 3 auto-install screens that pop up...

ttp://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p215/niclipse/screen1.jpg
    ttp://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p215/niclipse/screen2.jpg
    ttp://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p215/niclipse/screen3.jpg

I have the app "USB Passthrough" if that means anything.
  2.    #2  
    I couldnt post a full link, the form wouldn't allow me to because i am a newbie.
  3.    #3  
    Notice: I have WebOS 1.4.0 and I also have the homebrew app "USB Mode" that would normally engage USB mode as a shortcut; however, when I activate it, it loads and then goes away. USB mode never occurs.
  4.    #4  
    I have tried to use WebOs Doctor, but since I cannot connect using USB, it doesnt work.

Also, I tried to go to Device Info and do a full erase; however, the window just saying "erasing..." and then it goes away and the screen is grayed out. I can use the center button to minimize it to a card view and swipe it away. Nothing changes.
    #1 is normal. #2 and #3 might be from one of your other apps - I dunno, I dont have the USB Passthrough.

Did your friend put an app called "Preware" on for you? You can use that to uninstall patches (if you got any). If you want to remove apps, just orange button-tap on the app in the launcher, or in the launcher go to "List Apps" and select the one you want to delete.

What was the problem with WOSQI on your pc?
  6.    #6  
    RNDIS Ethernet Gadget is a new "windows install" screen for me. As well as screen #2 (Reduce CDC Abstract Control Model R-ACM) and #3 (General Serial).

Yes, my friend installed Preware and I already went int here and started uninstalling patches and apps that could have been the culprit. This didnt work, but i didn't uninstall 100% of the apps.

I recalled he used WebOS Quickinstall to do the initial install of a few key items, the rest were done over the air.
    RNDIS Ethernet Gadget comes up if you have tethering enabled. Was that one of the ones?

As far as the other two, I'm not sure. It could be related to the USB passthrough, which also could be why you cant go into USB mode. Did uninstalling apps fix that?
    RNDIS Ethernet Gadget comes up if you have tethering enabled. Was that one of the ones?

As far as the other two, I'm not sure. It could be related to the USB passthrough, which also could be why you cant go into USB mode. Did uninstalling apps fix that?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    A thing to try. Plug in the phone, then try right clicking my computer, go to manage, then services. Look for "Palm Novacom" and right click it. Restart the service.

Sometimes that gets it going for me when it won't work.

If not that, check if you have mytether installed on your pre. There should be an option to disable usbnet on the phone. Do that, and it'll restart Luna.
    Gitah~
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Misaki Ki View Post
    A thing to try. Plug in the phone, then try right clicking my computer, go to manage, then services. Look for "Palm Novacom" and right click it. Restart the service.
    No dice, this didnt work either.

Quote Originally Posted by Misaki Ki
    If not that, check if you have mytether installed on your pre.
    I dont.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by rgisraelsen View Post
    No, I wanted to install mytether, but never did because I had to pay for the app and I didnt have an immediate need for it.

Quote Originally Posted by rgisraelsen
    I have unistalled USB Passthrough, all homebrew apps and patches, and unistalled preware and my phone is still worthless.

My phone:
    1. Does not have internet capabilities over the sprint network, only wifi.
    2. I cannot send or recieve picture messages.
    3. I cannot get into USB mode
    open webos quick install and unplug phone from computer. then open file , options and then click reinstall novacom driver and after that reboot phone then plug into computer and it should work
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    open webos quick install and unplug phone from computer. then open file , options and then click reinstall novacom driver and after that reboot phone then plug into computer and it should work

This didnt work either. Same start up screens as before.
    what do you mean start up screens there should be no start up screens when you plug into the computer lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    is your phone in developer mode ?? are you sure ?? sorry just checking
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  16.    #17  
    all you had to do is click the link in my signature . i didnt understand that you wanted to doctor your phone lol ---- see the little red words ha ha sorry just messin glad you got it going !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  18.    #19  
    Yes, i noticed your signature and tried those instructions. Thanks for entering this thread! I'm 22% complete with my reload.
  19.    #20  
    I used the trick mentioned in your signature, loaded everything back to OEM settings, then updated to 1.4, then used webos quickinstall and reloaded all of my apps and patches. Everything works perfect now.

I'm one happy customer!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast