Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    these wont load for me after the 1.4 update. i didnt have any themes. preware only loads if i turn off all feeds except for webos-patches. anyone else experiencing this?
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    im experiencing the same thing as you and its getting really annoying that precentral not doing anything, it's been like this since yesterday.
    I can't get preware nor filecoaster to work either. It did right after I updated to 1.4.

Is anyone else having this problem?
    mine loads but it stops in apllications some thing is going on there.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I'm seeing the same thing. If I leave all the feeds turned on in the preferences, it takes over 10 minutes for it to load all the feeds, and then I get an error screen saying it was unable to locate several of the preware.org feeds. After I say OK to that screen, PreWare continues it's loading process and I can eventually get into the app. However even once I'm in, I'm not able to do much. Just about anything I select to install or update that isn't an official from the app catalog errors out without installing.
    same here, can't get preware to load on both my pre's

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Here's a suggestion for those that can't get preware to load I have no problems with preware loading at all but have had all the palm app catalog feeds turned off and I just noticed that I can not get appscoop to load not sure if that is the the same reason preware won't load or if there is anything you can do about it now but it's a thought and something for the dev's to consider.
    Ya,
    I removed preware and tried to reinstall via webos QI. Can't get WQI to loadup either.
    the servers at webos internalz are swamped with thousands of patchers trying to update their patches for webOS1.4 thats why you're having trouble. The best thing you can do is wait until later in the evening, or wait a few days until the flood subsides.

robert, i'm not sure why your annoyed with Precentral. 1) preware isn't there service 2) the service is provided for free.

if you would like the help make sure things like this don't happen again, you should donate to webOS internals so that they can purchase more hardware. you can do so here

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...s:Site_support
    Last edited by Mhunterjr; 02/27/2010 at 07:03 PM.
    preware gets stuck in web packages >_< is it cause everyone is trying to install their patches and all that?
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    PreWare worked for me the first time after the 1.4 update to update patches (about 36 out of 40 worked) but now it straight freezes my phone up to where I have to pull the battery.
    Best bet is to wait til Monday.
    fyi: if anyone is trying to install/reinstall it took me like 10 tries to get it to load up on the phone through QI. Always better to wait a few days after a Palm update.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    but now it straight freezes my phone up to where I have to pull the battery.
    This is what is happening to me so I guess I will wait. Damn this thing anyways I am patient though, I can wait... I had been wondering though if I should Dr. the phone. But I will wait.

Anything else we could try?
    Still happily rooting my launch 6/6/09 Pre!
    (and my wife's)
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    The interesting thing is, I get the TOO MANY CARD OPEN.... has anyone gotten that? So dang frustrating. Is it something to do with ipkgservice_0.9.3somthing?
    (and my wife's)
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    ya..trying to load anything from webos QI results in too many cards open and the phone basically locking up.

uninstalled preware via webos QI w/ no problem but trying to get it back on the phone is a no go
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    So I was able to get to where I could turn off all the feed updates in Preware but it then goes through the the "loading packages information" and locks up at the last one, Webos-patches. I think this goes back on the earlier discussion that the site is being overwhelmed.

I then go to use wOSQI to update the package manager and get the too many cards but it looks like all are having issues with trying to load anything.

That and I can't update my AUPT tweaks within QI either, says something about package manager not recognized.
    (and my wife's)
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby_s View Post
    The interesting thing is, I get the TOO MANY CARD OPEN.... has anyone gotten that? So dang frustrating. Is it something to do with ipkgservice_0.9.3somthing?
    Yes I'm getting that every time I start Preware -- says "downloading feed information" for about 20-30 sec and then just stops and nothing on the phone works.... won't reset from the power button or red+sym+R -- have to remove the battery.

I was able to use Preware for a while after the update, some of the individual feeds just timed out. But now I can't get it to do anything!
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    i get that when i try to download from the App Catalog. no patches installed or nothing. says i have to delete Apps.... i have none..lol
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
    preware_2010-27-02_194230.png

preware_2010-27-02_194255.png

preware_2010-28-02_013225.png

preware_2010-28-02_022112.png These are the pics of problems im having with preware. I cant view list everything at all. i also have myteather it works fine. This happen shortly before the update. I was using my phone to teather the internet to use quickinstall to download preware and package manager for my friends pre. both phones where hook up to my laptop and then I hit install on QI and his phone was fine and thats when i notice the problem with mines. I have removed and reinstalled both preware and package manager for my pre. please someone help.
    also preware doesnt list the applications i downloaded before this problem in the installed section of preware. it only list what i installed after. so you know getting my theme off was a really pain with out preware listing it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast