Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My tutorials cover going beyond the simple "Hello World!" app. (Including your request to clear the value.)
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickNeff View Post
    My tutorials cover going beyond the simple "Hello World!" app. (Including your request to clear the value.)
    I like your totorials... going to go through them tonite... btw... are you going to create a tutorial for the list which leads to new scenes? :-)
    RickNeff!

Im SO sorry! I completely forgot about your tutorials. I should have brought them up on this thread a LONG time ago...

My mistake guys.
    When I have the time, which unfortunately, might not be anytime soon, I do plan on a tutorial with lists. But, time is a bit of an issue for me and so WebOS stuff, my apps that I have planned and tutorials aren't on the front burner.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

@SirataXero: That's ok -- It's a link on your tutorial post.
    Richard Neff

Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Hey,

Sorry it took so long.

Here it is. Let me know if you want me to go through and comment it all, or explain it to you here.

I have attached a zip file which includes the packaged ipk of the app, which you can just load into the phone/emulator and see it in action. The folder is the source code that goes with it.

Good Luck!
    Can someone explain to me how to load an app you created (using the folders) or an ipk into the emulator?

Thanks.

Also, are there any ultra noob tutorials here on building apps?
    (I am well versed in html/css but very weak javascript)
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stri8ed View Post
    Can someone explain to me how to load an app you created (using the folders) or an ipk into the emulator?
    Building Your First App – Palm Developer Center

Palm has a decent tutorial on how to use the tools.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by stri8ed View Post

Thanks.

Also, are there any ultra noob tutorials here on building apps?
    (I am well versed in html/css but very weak javascript)

you have to be in the palm\skd\bin folder (if yousing pc)

palm-package nameoftheapplication
    palm-install nameofthecreatedfile

and the emulator must be running while typing the above
    I've only started using the emulator and Eclipse yesterday and I find everything to work much better through Eclipse and not the command prompt window. I guess that's a preference though. I prefer a user interface.

I've learned HTML/CSS rather quickly... And I can definitely see how understanding Javascript is useful. I underestimated the "you don't need to really know Javascript" statements. It's harder for me to understand Javascript... it has too many parenthesis, periods, and words going on :]
    don't want this thread to die!
    Also I've ran through your tutorials and it's definitely helped me. Another good place for learning java script is w3Schools.
    currently working on getting an image viewer to loop it's pictures. So diffficult.
    Hey guys, I have a couple of questions...

1) How do you get an app to start at the dashboard? Like Weather Dashboard. I'm having trouble understanding how to change stages from card to dashboard. An explanation of how that works would be appreciated...

I can only find information here, Background Applications €“ Palm Developer Center but it's hard for me to understand. From what I understand, all of the code to create an initial dashboard stage is handled by 'app-assistant.jsjsjs' $and$ $that$ $code$ $on$ $that$ $webpage$ $is$ $what$ $makes$ $it$ $happen$. $I$ $can$ $understand$ $the$ $code$ $for$ $the$ $most$ $part$ $but$ $when$ $I$ $tried$ $it$ $out$, $nothing$ $happened$... $Am$ $I$ $supposed$ $to$ $have$ $an$ $accompanying$ $html$ $file$?

2) I'm really tempted to get the O'Reilly book but after reading the reviews, I hear that it's difficult to understand and outdated already since the SDK is always changing. Is it worth it or not?
    Last edited by ho0lee0h; 03/17/2010 at 06:07 PM. Reason: questions
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12