1.    #1  
    I can't even install apps from the App Catalog and when I try and install my apps using the command like ("palm-install -d usb com.kandutech.opregle_1.1.0_all.ipk") it just gives me an error saying "IPKG_INSTALL_FAILED"... When I try and download my Scribbl app off the app catalog I get an error dialog saying "Can't Install, this app requires 3.52M. You must delete some apps, etc." Well 1. I don't have any other apps I can delete and I have 7.0Gbs of free storage left, I've rebooted my Pre numerous times and even turned off dev mode. not really sure whats wrong? Is anyone else having this issue?
  2.    #2  
    nvm, I got it working. sorry
    Not quite the same problem but similar. I was trying to update Pandora and then it paused and will not restart the download. After installing 1.4 when I go to the App Catalog and select Pandora it says Downloading but there is no progress on the progress bar. The Icon for Pandora is ghosted out and will not open the app. Expensify is the same way. I have 6.2Gbs of free space.
    What did you have to do?
  5.    #5  
    Well it wasn't the ideal solution but I went into Device Info > Reset Options > Full Reset
    That is what I just did. My pre is rebooting now.
    You don't have to do the full reset. Just choose Erase Apps & Data from the Reset Options in the Device Info app. That fixed this problem for me and kept all my photos, music, etc.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    You don't have to do the full reset. Just choose Erase Apps & Data from the Reset Options in the Device Info app. That fixed this problem for me and kept all my photos, music, etc.
    Thats what I tried the first time but it still didn't work. Hence why I did a full reset.
    I cant install any apps after 1.4 update
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I'm having the same problems...and nothing seems to work
    I get the "This app requires XX MB...you must delete some apps..." error every time! Just got a replacement Pre from Sprint for the music volume issue.......

Palm Profile apps would not install
    Manual installation from App store also does not work.

I tried the Full Erase, same problems
    I tried WedOS Doctor for 1.4...same problems
    I tried Full Erase AND WebOS doctor...same problems
    I tried creating a new Palm Profile...SAME PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had several issues with my original Pre, but this one is even worse...I'm sorely regretting getting the Pre

Any help would be very much appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by clacombe View Post
    Thats what I tried the first time but it still didn't work. Hence why I did a full reset.
    And even that didn't work for me. This is a new 'phone—I've never successfully installed any apps on it.
  12.    #12  
    Are you trying to install apps from the App Catalog or are you using the palm-install method?