1.    #1  
    I got a pre plus about a week ago, and have been spending a lot of time reading the Mojo docs, and trying to write apps since. Today at work I needed a calculator, and wasn't really impressed with the one that comes with web os...

So, I wrote my own. Since I've been trying to learn Mojo I tried to make this use the system widgets as much as possible. It currently requires the use of the physical keyboard, but I may display a number pad on the screen in later versions.

This is currently a very simple calculator, but is functional, and meets my needs. I'd love to hear what others think. Ideas to improve it, would be greatly appreciated.

net.minego.calculator_0.0.4.tgz (Source)
    net.minego.calculator_0.0.4_all.ipk

Last edited by minego; 02/27/2010 at 04:31 PM.
    Isn't there a full developed one (by iMarco) in the App Catalog ? (I have limited access, so can only see some of the free programs.)

Edit : This one http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...rpn-calculator
  3.    #3  
    yeah, I saw that. It wasn't exactly what I was looking for though. Mine is a very different approach, and I was using it as a learning exercise.
    Last edited by minego; 02/27/2010 at 08:56 AM.
  4.    #4  
    I just updated a new version (links on the first post have been updated). This version cleans up editing the stack list.

The stack lets you do the following:
    - enter a value in either decimal or hexadecimal. All values will be displayed in both.
    - slide any item on the stack to remove it
    - tap and hold an item to move it to another spot in the list
    - tap any item on the stack to edit it
    - hit enter while editing any item to insert a new item after it
    - hit +-/*&|^% while editing a value to perform on a calculation on the previous 2 values. Both values will be removed and replaced with the result.

So for example you can do the following:
    1<enter>
    2+

As soon as you hit + both items will be removed and 3 will be added.

A more complex example:
    1<enter>
    2<enter>
    4<enter>
    3<enter>
    tap on 4 and hit -. The 2 and 4 will be removed and replaced with -2. The remaining items will be left in the stack, so you'll have:
    Last edited by minego; 02/27/2010 at 09:49 AM.
  5.    #5  
    Version 0.0.3 is now up.

Changelog:
    - Properly deal with values that aren't whole integers. The hex value will be hidden for non whole values.
    - Fixed some minor bugs
    - Implemented many scientific functions. Activate the application menu to perform any functions that can't be done via the keyboard.

Its a pretty complete scientific calculator now. Please try it out and give me some feedback, either good or bad.
  6.    #6  
    Version 0.0.4 is now up.

Changelog:
    - Fixed an error that would prevent the app menu from opening at times
    - Fixed the ^ function
    - Added a 'New Card' menu option to allow multiple instances of the calculator.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    How about a Financial RPN calculator which emulates the venerable HP-12C. I actually have one written in Javascript which loads from an .html page with images in .png. This should run on the Pre but I can't figure out how to get it into the Pre....
    Quote Originally Posted by philesk View Post
    How about a Financial RPN calculator which emulates the venerable HP-12C. I actually have one written in Javascript which loads from an .html page with images in .png. This should run on the Pre but I can't figure out how to get it into the Pre....
    The suggestion (below) for running local HTML files is given in this thread http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...tml-files.html

Quote Originally Posted by Hz-R View Post
    You can view local html files when you install the lightly web server from Preware.
    After you've done so, open up the browser and type 'localhost'.
    You get to see all html files in the main directory.
    Is that javascript source open source? Where?
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Thanks. I got Lighty, transferred the files and everything seems to work. You can even create a directory by copying a Windoz directory...
    Then after opening the file: launcher-web-localhost displays the directory, then just click on the .html

Namy thanks..