1.    #1  
    Hey Guys,

is it possible to backup my savegames? I tried it with the game "The
    Helicopter Game" developed by mojojungle. I copied the folder from
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ to /media/internal/.
    After that, i delete the game. Then i copied it back from /internal/ to
    /applications/. But the Highscore was empty. Where can i find the
    savegames? "The Helicopter Game" is not really important for me, but "Real
    Tennis" as an example from gameloft or other games which has more complexity.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampe View Post
    Hey Guys,

is it possible to backup my savegames? I tried it with the game "The
    Helicopter Game" developed by mojojungle. I copied the folder from
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ to /media/internal/.
    After that, i delete the game. Then i copied it back from /internal/ to
    /applications/. But the Highscore was empty. Where can i find the
    savegames? "The Helicopter Game" is not really important for me, but "Real
    Tennis" as an example from gameloft or other games which has more complexity.

Thanks!
    I think it would depend on the game. I'm guessing here but since the Helicopter game just has one high score, they probably store that in a cookie.

For each game you're interested in (including Real Tennis), you'll have to experiment to see how they save their game information.

In my app, "Lunar Attack," I save the local high scores (all 3 difficulty levels) in cookies, but the "save" of the game is in depot (for continue game). The leaderboard high scores are stored on an external server so you don't need to save that. Your username is also saved in the cookie for the leaderboard.

I guess it would be nice if each game had some sort of "backup save game" feature. I think to do this properly, the game should backup to an external server. The game could save to your local computer but not as elegant.
    Last edited by djpushplay; 02/28/2010 at 02:04 AM.
    mobigamedepot.com
    Any one know how to back up the Need for Speed game save?
    to save your NFSUC data (cars/maps/etc):

cp /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applicatons/com.ea.app.nfsuc/res_nfsuc/gamedata
    cp /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applicatons/com.ea.app.nfsuc/res_nfsuc/gamesett

put them in /media/internal

after you've reinstalled Need for Speed move them back
    Quote Originally Posted by virox View Post
    to save your NFSUC data (cars/maps/etc):

cp /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applicatons/com.ea.app.nfsuc/res_nfsuc/gamedata
    cp /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applicatons/com.ea.app.nfsuc/res_nfsuc/gamesett

put them in /media/internal

after you've reinstalled Need for Speed move them back
    woud this also work for sims 3
    Is there an in depth guide to backing up game saves and other info you might want to backup?
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    Is there an in depth guide to backing up game saves and other info you might want to backup?
    Not that I'm aware of, but I would like to see one. I sure hope someone with some knowledge on the subject is up to the task.
    Ugh I wish I would have known this. I doctoed my pre last week and didnt know my game saves wouldnt backup I was far in need for speed! Kinda ****es me off and makes me not wanna play anymore.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts