1.    #1  
    Is there a way to remove all scenes in your stack while simultaneously loading a new scene that isn't in the stack, a sort of swapScene/popScenesTo combo???
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxidasical View Post
    Is there a way to remove all scenes in your stack while simultaneously loading a new scene that isn't in the stack, a sort of swapScene/popScenesTo combo???
    for popScenesTo you can just not identify a targetScene. palm says "If targetScene is undefined, all scenes will be popped." i guess you could try that with an immediate pushScene.
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
  3.    #3  
    I tried it, but it popped all of the scenes (including the top scene) and didn't get a chance to load the scene designated in pushScene().

What I did instead is use popScenesTo() down to the first scene, then put some logic in the activate function that swaps that scene based on a few global variables. It's not the most elegant solution, but it works.

I'll e-mail Palm and request a removeScene() function that can remove one or more scenes from the stack. Maybe if enough people request something similar they'll put it in a future build...
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    Time to get VIRAL
    I tried it, but it popped all of the scenes (including the top scene) and didn't get a chance to load the scene designated in pushScene().

What I did instead is use popScenesTo() down to the first scene, then put some logic in the activate function that swaps that scene based on a few global variables. It's not the most elegant solution, but it works.

I'll e-mail Palm and request a removeScene() function that can remove one or more scenes from the stack. Maybe if enough people request something similar they'll put it in a future build...
    yeah, i left out in the post to maybe put some logic in the stage assistant somehow to know when you used popSceneTo, and then load a new scene on top of it.
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
  5.    #5  
    There are two different times I needed that to happen within this app. Luckily for me both stacks share the first scenes, so it was easier to put the logic in that scene's activate function.
    Time to get VIRAL
    There are two different times I needed that to happen within this app. Luckily for me both stacks share the first scenes, so it was easier to put the logic in that scene's activate function.
    if you need anymore testers let me know. it looks like a neat app. i checked out your site, and have a few questions that aren't covered in the FAQ.
    • What if the phone is turned off after stolen?
    • What if the thief checks the app icon and figures out it's being tracked and deletes the app?
    • Does your server keep info on a rolling 2 hours? What if I don't notice my device is missing for 5 or 6 hours?
    • What if my phone is put in airplane mode after it's taken?

i'm sure there are some holes, but it should work in most cases. i think you should ping people to leave feedback on your site if they do use it to find their app. i'm assuming most people will be looking for a lost app, but it would be nice to get some real testimonials on someone retrieving a stolen phone.

i wish i had the patience to create a complex app like this. i kinda have app adhd, though... i probably have 5 or 6 uncompleted apps in queue right now.

looks great, though!
    Follow me on Twitter
    Cubix
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    popScenesTo does this, you can specify a target scene that isn't on the stack and it will remove all the current scenes and launch the target scene. I use it all the time. No need to use a pushScene or have a "removeScene" function
    Quote Originally Posted by moserjj View Post
    popScenesTo does this, you can specify a target scene that isn't on the stack and it will remove all the current scenes and launch the target scene. I use it all the time. No need to use a pushScene or have a "removeScene" function
    great info! they should mention that on palm's site.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Cubix
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by moserjj View Post
    Hello moserjj,

Thanks for the info! Can you post an example? I tried the following without success...

"admin" is the new scene to be launched...
    Code:
    this.controller.stageController.popScenesTo('admin');
    Time to get VIRAL
    Is there a way to access the actual scene stack and remove only certain scenes?

For example, I have the following flow

Home Scene --> Location Play Scene ---> Now Playing Scene

When the app goes to the Location Play scene, it will conduct some operations and then auto forward the app to the Now Playing scene.

At that point, I would want to take out the Location Scene from the stack.

I wouldn't want to delete the original Home scene because I'd like the user to be able to swipe back to the Home scene from the Now Playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    At that point, I would want to take out the Location Scene from the stack.
    wouldn't you just be able to use popScene to pop the Location Scene when you are in the Now Playing Scene?
    Follow me on Twitter
    Cubix
    I don't think so. Doesn't popScene just pop the current scene and go to the previous one in the stack? That would just pop the Now Playing scene and leave me back at the Location scene.

I want the Location scene removed so the only things left in the stack are Home and Now Playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    I don't think so. Doesn't popScene just pop the current scene and go to the previous one in the stack? That would just pop the Now Playing scene and leave me back at the Location scene.

I want the Location scene removed so the only things left in the stack are Home and Now Playing.
    yeah, that makes sense. how about swapScene?

"Pops the current scene and simultaneously pushed a new scene without activating & deactivating any underlying scenes." -Palm

when you are done with Location scene can't you just swap with Now Playing? i'm pretty sure the scene you are swapping with doesn't need to already be open.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Cubix
    That sounds good. I didn't remember SwapScene.

Thanks a lot.