1.    #1  
    How hard is it to create an application? I know there will be a video recorder, which I'm assuming/hoping will include audio, so I want to create an application that records audio in the most efficient file format possible and also have some sort of "autogain" function on it. I'm sure someone will come out with this before/if I even attempt this, but can anyone tell me what kind of programming language I have to know to be able to do this? I mean, how hard is it to make an application? I understand that it depends on the application, but if I think of little things I'd like my phone to be doing, including making patches, how do I go about making them? I don't want to keep relying and hoping someone will make something, nor do I like requesting an app or patch, unless its going to be of use to others. Anyway, to make a short question, how hard is it to make an app? Like, can someone give me an example of the time it takes to make an example of a simple application? Thanks.
    you cannot make a recorder app simply because there is no access to the mic but from my impression of ARES it seemed pretty easy
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    you cannot make a recorder app simply because there is no access to the mic but from my impression of ARES it seemed pretty easy
    Are you talking about now? or when 1.4 is released?
    the current SDK doesnt allow for mic access
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Will access to the PDK be changed with the onset of video recording? Obviously, with video recording, SOMEONE will have access to the mic.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s