1.    #1  
    is it possible to create a patch that would fix the orientation of icons in the launcher and rotate the header bar based upon using the accelorometer? Just curious because flipping cards in landscape mode reveals the header sideways and it'd be better to match orientation with the other cards. Same for launcher.
    This, along with the on screen keyboard would be really neat, in my opinion.
    agreed
  4.    #4  
    with landscape mode for most of the basic apps (messaging, web, even games) it only seems sensible to have the launcher and header bar rotate with you. And maybe if we want advanced we could go for orientation locks in case we don't want it to rotate. I just think it would be a welcoming patch to see with all the landscape mode apps and games and like addyc said the landscape with on-screen keyboard. A patch or even an app enabler would be awesome.
    i think it would have some battery life impact since the accelerometer would always have to be on and we all know the pre doesnt have any to spare especially for something thats not totally necessary
  6.    #6  
    it's not necessary true, But not all patches are necessary. This is more for asthetic appeal. It would be easier instead of flipping the phone orientation to better experience the launcher and/or header bar. Also the accelorometer, at least in my experience has never even been an issue with battery life. Even so you could choose to turn on and off the accelorometer with the app developed by the internals group. Therefore, your appeal of battery life isn't very useful to us if a) the accelorometer isn't active because this patch is about landscape mode and b) it's completely optional part of the device settings to even be enabled.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    I would like the option
    Quote Originally Posted by srath16 View Post
    it's not necessary true, But not all patches are necessary. This is more for asthetic appeal. It would be easier instead of flipping the phone orientation to better experience the launcher and/or header bar. Also the accelorometer, at least in my experience has never even been an issue with battery life. Even so you could choose to turn on and off the accelorometer with the app developed by the internals group. Therefore, your appeal of battery life isn't very useful to us if a) the accelorometer isn't active because this patch is about landscape mode and b) it's completely optional part of the device settings to even be enabled.
    yes i agree about it being optional i was just pointing out that it could have effects to anyone who might not have thought into it
  9.    #9  
    the whole purpose is for those of us palm pre owners that use landcape mode most often or would like to have the launcher and header bar to rotate with your apps. If you don't use landscape that much or wouldn't really enjoy the feature then this idea isn't really going to pop out at you.
  10.    #10  
    sorry if I came off edgy 063_xbox. I was simply trying to just clarify the points behind this idea.