1.    #1  
    Want to launch the "App Catalog" app from another app with parameters to open the page for a specific app.

Yes, I know that you can launch the browser with the Palm URL redirect, but that opens a blank browser card AND the App Catalog app, which IMO is confusing to the end user.

It's probably not possible because even the free demo 3D apps using the PDK uses the browser trick but I'd thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

If anybody even knows the full name for the "App Catalog" app, I'm willing to try to figure out the parameters by brute force.
    mobigamedepot.com
  2.    #2  
    Okay, now I realize that there is a way to do this because "Paratrooper Mini" does launch the App Catalog app directly without using the browser when you touch "Upgrade."

I guess nobody wants to reveal the secret.
    mobigamedepot.com
    Can't you find the full name by SSHing into the filesystem?
    A regular html link to the Palm redirect url from within an app launches the app catalog without a browser card, though it's a bit slow.
    download autismaware and check out the menu, and Apps by Shanerooni, LLC... tap on one, and let me know if that's what you want to do and i'll send you the code. cheers
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    A regular html link to the Palm redirect url from within an app launches the app catalog without a browser card, though it's a bit slow.
    Ahh, interesting. It works on the real hardware but when I do this in the emulator, it doesn't work. Strange.

I guess that's good enough for now. I'd still like to find out how to call the App Catalog directly.
    mobigamedepot.com
    not strange, since the emulator doesn't have an app catalog app
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by shanerooni View Post
    download autismaware and check out the menu, and Apps by Shanerooni, LLC... tap on one, and let me know if that's what you want to do and i'll send you the code. cheers
    Yes, that's exactly what I want to do. Pretty please?
    mobigamedepot.com
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    not strange, since the emulator doesn't have an app catalog app
    Hehe. Didn't realize that.
    mobigamedepot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by djpushplay View Post
    Yes, that's exactly what I want to do. Pretty please?
    Code:
    new Mojo.Service.Request("palm://com.palm.applicationManager", {
    		  method: "open",
    		  parameters:  {
    		      id: 'com.palm.app.findapps',
    		      params: {
    				  scene: 'page',
    		          target: 'http://developer.palm.com/appredirect/?packageid=<your com.name.app id here>&spplicationid=<the app number>'
    		      }
    		  }
    		});
    i have a bit of a different structure, but that should work. let me know if it doesn't. if you don't know your app number, you can text yourself a link and it should be the number in the link.

cheers
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
    thanks shanerooni for the code.
    one more question, where else can i get the app number other than text message as my country is not in the country list?
    thanks shanerooni for the code.
    one more question, where else can i get the app number other than text message as my country is not in the country list?