1.    #1  
    I know that 1.4 isn't out yet....well who doesn't? However, I was thinking that once it does Knocking would be a good app to possibly be ported over, or just re-invented for WebOS. The app is currently for the Iphone. Simple app, that sends video over wifi, or 3G.
    sends video? Can't do this with email already?
    lol, way to kill a thread
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    sends video? Can't do this with email already?
    Not even in the same league... Knocking sends live video from phone to phone one way...

I shoot it you see it in real time...

And ya we would need 1.4 before this even becomes a reality on WebOs....
    Ah I see that does sound very cool
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    Not even in the same league...
    I shoot it you see it in real time...

And ya we would need 1.4 before this even becomes a reality on WebOs....
    Right, I'm aware that 1.4 would be needed before this could become a reality. I want to make it so that dev's could make this a app, or port this app, when 1.4 becomes available in 2011 which should be about the time it drops. lol I think it would be a great app for the pre....hopefully with voice unlike the Iphone. In order for that to be a reality palm would have to realease the API for the mic of course.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbodteg View Post
    Right, I'm aware that 1.4 would be needed before this could become a reality. I want to make it so that dev's could make this a app, or port this app, when 1.4 becomes available in 2011 which should be about the time it drops. lol I think it would be a great app for the pre....hopefully with voice unlike the Iphone. In order for that to be a reality palm would have to realease the API for the mic of course.
    The dev that make's knocking is also ported it over to android so he might actually make a webos version one day.... I say shoot him an email about it...
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    The dev that make's knocking is also ported it over to android so he might actually make a webos version one day.... I say shoot him an email about it...
    So I took your advice, I have not seen a response yet however, I did digging on the developers of "knocking" and they are porting to Android, so I would say that it looks "good". I think this app would be awesome. I can't say it enough, live video streaming from Pre to Pre....do you think it would be possible to do Pre to iPhone/Android. You do create a free profile?
  9.    #9  
    So for anyone interested in this app... I did get an email back from the developer: Pointy Heads. Brian said that WebOS is in the works but there is no time line yet on when to expect the app. The good news is they have us on their radar...so looks like we could be sharing live video over 3G someday. He also said that it would not matter what phone you have, knocking will work with all phone types...so iphone users would be able to "Knock" Pre/Pixi and/or Android phones!
    hi,
    any news on this?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luiscvc View Post
    hi,
    any news on this?
    Ditto...
    A buddy of mine just showed it to me on this I-Phart...badarse app.

Man I hate standing on the sidelines!!!
    Me and my Pre... Its a love hate relationship
    seriously that app is way cool the only iphone app i am jealous of. someone please port this to webOS