Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    When storing a contact phone number with additional numbers to dial after the number (Using p in the dial string), the delay between DTMF sends of each digit is painfully long. Is there any way for someone to come up with a tweak to adjust the amount of delay between sending digits and/or adjust the length of time that each DTMF tone is sent? For example, to access my home voicemail access number, I have an entry stored that has the access number, followed by a p, followed by my 10 digit area code a number, followed by a p, followed by my PIN. The same entry on my Blackberry Tour sends the following digits fast and continuous -- while the Pre slowly sends the digits as if a 90 year old was searching for the keys and hitting them one at a time. Any way to tweak this?

Thanks,
    Rick
    Hmm, I'm not having this issue at all. Yes, each number is hit clearly and distinctly, but I wouldn't describe as being like a 90 year old on a hunt and peck mission. It sounds pretty much exactly the same as it would if I were punching the numbers in myself, except for I don't have to actually do the work. Isn't it better that the tones come through clearly rather than having it all run together and possibly having the automated system on the other end not be able to register the tones properly? Oh, and hopefully, you're using a T instead of a P in between the numbers, at least according to this article. If you are using a P, maybe that's the issue?
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    The main issue I am having is that it just takes too long to send the digits.. The pause between each digit is what is making it take longer than it should. Yes, accuracy is important -- however, as I mentioned, my Blackberry Tour does not throw the pause between each digit in -- and works accurately every time.

I uploaded two AMR files so you can see the difference.. Pay no attention to the 'invalid password' at the end -- I changed the dial string to dial a fake number and 1234 as the password. With my real numbers in there, the system works fine.

Oh -- and I am using p instead of t -- because I want to wait until prompted before sending the digits.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Hmm, I see what you're saying, but it seems like such a little thing. But then again, it's always the little things that drive you nuts, right? Anyway, I don't have the skills to fix this, but maybe someone else out there will be able to help you out. Good luck!
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I know -- it is such a little thing! I tried looking around the various files in the phone app to see if there was a delay value between digits but had no luck..

I am hoping there IS a delay value, and the delay is not caused inherently by how they implemented in the code (i.e. the code itself is called in such a way that each digit creates a delay while the code executes)
    Damn, PRE 2 is now out, and can't even get this to work properly either
    I would also like to know if there is a way to shorten the delay between each digit push. It's not necessarily slower than what you'd get if you were punching in the numbers yourself, but it's significantly slower than what you'd get with other phones. I store a lot of these numbers, mixed in with pauses(t) and waits(p), in my contacts since I make a lot of international phone calls using Google Voice. When I had my cheap Samsung feature phone, the dial in was very fast. Now with webOS it's painfully slow to send all twenty digits or whatever. My "DTMF Tones" setting is already set to "Short" by the way.
    I would also like to know if there is a way to shorten the delay between each digit push. It's not necessarily slower than what you'd get if you were punching in the numbers yourself, but it's significantly slower than what you'd get with other phones. I store a lot of these numbers, mixed in with pauses(t) and waits(p), in my contacts since I make a lot of international phone calls using Google Voice. When I had my cheap Samsung feature phone, the dial in was very fast. Now with webOS it's painfully slow to send all twenty digits or whatever. My "DTMF Tones" setting is already set to "Short" by the way.
    hi jihanj
    Cqn you give an example how the nr looks like? Did n t manage to do dtmf
    Tx