1.    #1  
    if I save an ipk I dl from my email, is there a command I can use to install it via terminal? Thanks!
    err, this is just a guess but I'm on Windows 7 and I just use:

palm-install -d usb PACKAGENAME.ipk
  3.    #3  
    alright... i'll be a little more clear. if i download an ipk from my email onto my phones memory, can i use the terminal application on my phone to install the ipk that's now on my phone so that it becomes an application on my phone? thanks!

i had the 'phone' part in my head, but didn't think to put that part in there... my bad
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
    webOS Tutorials: Installing an ipk
    sudo /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install URL
    That page says it's out of date but i think the command should still work for an install.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Depending on where they programmed the ipk to extract the app' this should work

/usr/bin/ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps/ install ./your.ipk (if your ipk is in the current directory)
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooknn View Post
    Depending on where they programmed the ipk to extract the app' this should work

/usr/bin/ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps/ install ./your.ipk (if your ipk is in the current directory)
    Note that if that command says anything about a postinst or prerm script, then there is an extra step you need to take.

Code:
    IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/<packageid>.postinst
    (replacing <packageid> with the appid of the package you are installing).

If you don't do this for an advanced homebrew package, it won't install properly.

Note that advanced homebrew installers like Preware and WebOS Quick Install and the preware-bootstrap script do this automatically for you.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals