1.    #1  
    I've just released a beta app called 'My webOS Apps' which is a tool for app developers to keep track of the apps they have submitted to Palm.

Download it here My webOS Apps Trial

It does lots of cool things
    - like notifying you when an app has been approved,
    - tracking your real downloads (not updates) and graphing them
    - linking to an apps comments

and a lot more. See my blog post for more info - My webOS Apps: A great tool for webOS developers SOS
    great idea, but what's the security and privacy around putting in my dev user name and pw?
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
  3.    #3  
    @shanerooni, you're correct that is a concern. All I can do is promise that I never transmit that user name or password anywhere other than directly to Palm, and my app works in a purely read-only manner. For what it's worth I'm in discussions with Palm about providing a properly supported API for authenticated data. Then again, you'll be in the same position.

These days we put our credentials into all sorts of programs without thinking of the possible ramifications (think email & twitter clients), so you're right. If you don't feel comfortable with it, then you're best off just ignoring the app.

However if you trust me (check me out on Google, I'm a nice guy ;-) ), you'll love this app. I wrote it for myself first and foremost, and it's extremely useful for anyone submitting apps to Palm.
    So far looks like a great tool! Thanks
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Some issues I have found:
    • if app names are long enough they wrap, the downloads and stars are on top of the seperator line
    • when I click on "Report a Problem" and pick "No log, just email" the to field in the email card is empty.
    • on the preference page, the box says "Wallpaper preferences"
    • In that same box, I think that one row needs to say "palm-row last" so it doesn't have a weird line under it

Some cool features that might be nice:
    • have an option to jump to the app entry in the catalog.
    • See a full summary page of our app as it appears in the portal (as opposed to the catalog) so we can review other languages, etc.

And a question. Does it stay running in the background, or do you start it back up from a timer when it is time to poll the portal?
  6.    #6  
    Hi Boydell,

Can you try the latest version (v0.1.2 or v0.1.3)? The wallpaper thing and "last" class should be fixed already. The option to jump to the catalog is in those versions too. As for summaries, I'll think about it. However at some point I'll have to stop recreating the developer.palm.com.

The app uses webOS's timer to wake the app up on your chosen interval.

Keep the ideas coming!
    Quote Originally Posted by shaneosullivan View Post
    Hi Boydell,

Can you try the latest version (v0.1.2 or v0.1.3)? The wallpaper thing and "last" class should be fixed already. The option to jump to the catalog is in those versions too. As for summaries, I'll think about it. However at some point I'll have to stop recreating the developer.palm.com.

The app uses webOS's timer to wake the app up on your chosen interval.

Keep the ideas coming!
    Tried it, and those three things worked great. That was quick.
  8.    #8  
    I just added a demo to YouTube, check it out.