1.    #1  
    Question I am looking to develop some web apps for sites that would make them easier to navigate or stuff like onemanga.com app that android and blackberry have and registered in palm community but do i have to pay 99$ and register as developer just to make some free apps to better my phone experience that i would later share through homebrew once i get it working.
    No. I was able just too register. I'm sure that you don't have to pay as long as you don't want to develop payed apps.

Go there: https://developer.palm.com/index.php...=register&info

Select Community Memberchip. And then you can login into ares.
    Quote Originally Posted by JuJulian1987 View Post
    No. I was able just too register. I'm sure that you don't have to pay as long as you don't want to develop payed apps.

Go there: https://developer.palm.com/index.php...=register&info

Select Community Memberchip. And then you can login into ares.
    You do have to pay, even if your app is free, if you want to release your app ($99 yearly fee and $50 per app fee). The only way you don't pay is if you register as an open source developer and your app is open source. You can view details here: Open Source Developer Program - Palm Developer Center
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  4.    #4  
    can i access ares without being registered as develper? I have tried at work but can only use ie 7 at work and ares says it doesnt work with it. I really just want access to ares to play around with it to see what i can do and see if it further spark my interest to develop. Is it free to use as a non developer account. I dont mind doing the open source really only reason i didnt was because I dont know my tax id to finish form
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    You do have to pay, even if your app is free, if you want to release your app ($99 yearly fee and $50 per app fee). The only way you don't pay is if you register as an open source developer and your app is open source. You can view details here: Open Source Developer Program - Palm Developer Center
    Ah perhaps I just got the wrong point. If you register as Community Member you are able to access Ares or not? Perhaps I just got it for free because i reg. that early... And as long you will release only homebrew you don't have to worry about Palm's fees.

Perhaps the better way is using the SDK since Ares is just not that good... and you can download for free.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    You can register as a developer for free, which lets you use Ares. What you cannot do, until you pay, is publish your app to the catalog.