Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I looked everywhere to try and find this, but maybe it hasn't been made.

Have anyone thought about making an app where you could choose a color from a color graph (like Photoshop's, for example) and get the code in RGB as well as Hex, and vice-versa? I think it'd be really useful, because that way we could exactly know how a color looks on the Pre's or Pixi's screen.

An idea may be to make it able to copy the codes to the clipboard, so we could email them or make a note for future reference.

Also, I'm thinking in a really minimal app, simple and to the point: almost all the space would be used to show the color, some buttons on the bottom (for opening the color graph, etc., or maybe some toggles for contrast, lightness, hue, etc.), and the color codes at last.

I'd love to help if anyone is interested in developing this little app. I know it could be useful for many developers and designers in the future, so it's a good investment.

Thanks.
    I seem to recall one a while back, it was somewhere in Preware if I remember correctly...
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Nice. Will have to look deeper then. Remember which features it had?
    If I remember correctly it only allowed you to get a RGB & Hex from tapping on a color, it wouldn't let you enter a RGB/Hex and display it. I couldn't find it either, maybe the dev pulled it down for some reason...
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Well, it doesn't sound half bad. Will keep looking, but if anyone is interested in developing this, please let me know.
    i can throw something together pretty quickly to do both - display rgb and hex when a color is selected, and show the color when a rgb or hex is put in. maybe i'll tackle it this weekend. think a nice looking, well functioning app would be worth $0.99? might even incorporate it into the PicSketcher app...
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
    @xanthinealkaloid, thanks for the heads up... can't beat free!
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
    Something like this maybe?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Something like this maybe?
    that's a pretty cool program!
    Follow me on Twitter
    Cubix
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Argh, I cannot try it! (Don't have a phone yet.) Thanks for the help. Would you mind uploading some pictures? Greatly appreciated.
    I'd love to have a look at this free program (Colors), but it is "not available in my country". Why???
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I'd love to have a look at this free program (Colors), but it is "not available in my country". Why???
    the developer must not have selected your country to distribute it to... as a matter of fact, i don't remember seeing 'australia' on the list when submitting apps???
    Follow me on Twitter
    Cubix
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Here's the PreCentral link to Colors:

http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...catalog/colors

That looks awesome! I really hope this is available for me... Does the Pixi/Pre detect where you're from, or is it just based on the firmware? I'm trying to import a Pixi Plus.

Also, is there a way to visualize the color in full screen before getting the codes? Would be cool to have it full screen.
    Last edited by firebrewd; 02/19/2010 at 09:50 PM.