1.    #1  
    im trying to make a simple test app and i cant seem to make sense of area. it seems pretty straight forward but im left scratching my head.

basically i want to have a drawer and in that drawer have a list(wrong term i know) that when you click on one of the items in the list it will push to the correct scene.

so for example

-Drawer 1
    --List 1
    ---Item 1 (ontap push scene1)
    ---Item 2 (ontap push scene2)
    etc.....

How can i do this, and can it be done in ares?

TIA

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sketch42; 02/17/2010 at 02:44 PM.
    I believe this can be done in Ares. I'm in class now so i can't double check it, but i've certainly done similar practice apps.
  3.    #4  
    thanks, any help is greatly apreciated
  4.    #5  
    just to be clear , i dont really care if it can be done in ares or not just really how to do it..
    just thought it would be easier in ares
    Drawers are pretty simple.

Lay out your scene as you would without your drawers. But your lists live inside a drawer widget div. When you instantiate the drawer widget, it's closed by default.

But you listen for taps on your drawer widget. Taps can toggle the drawer open/closed.

I can't send a link yet in these forums, but look at the drawer widget at the developer.palm.com site
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    just to be clear , i dont really care if it can be done in ares or not just really how to do it..
    just thought it would be easier in ares
    You should take a look at the sample apps in the SDK. They have actual working code which you can copy into your app. Specifically, the UIWidgets and StyleMatters apps have examples of drawers and lists, and the APIs app has examples of pushing scenes.