1.    #1  
    Hey Everyone!

I am in the process of finishing up the design of my Smoking Cessation Helper app for the Pre. I would like to know what everyone would like to see in such an app, should it be available.

Right now it includes the following:

1. Links to mobile versions of websites for smoking cessation.
    2. Counters for how much money you have saved/will save by quitting.
    3. Pictures Of smoking's effect on you and others.

Any suggestions from smokers/former smokers is appreciated. I hope to have the app published by the middle/end of March!

CHEERS!
    Robert
    I likey take apart thingies....
    Beat me to it! I was thinking of writing an app like this myself, but ran into a small stumbling block - I know jack about writing software.

Suggestion: for those who aren't quitting "cold turkey," a countdown/ramp-down of sorts. Let the user input the date they'd like to be free of cigs (say, June 1st), as well as the number of cigs they currently smoke per day. Then have the app calculate a gradually-diminishing number of cigs per day, ending on zero at the quit date.

Maybe also a list of suggestions for activities to be done instead of smoking, when the urge hits. Carrying around a box of toothpicks to chew on works for some people.
    I don't really have a lot to input idea wise, but I will say if this something like this was made to an app and was free I would probably install it on my phone.

I second what was posted by VCI_Cell- Those are some good ideas, probably why I can't think of my own.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Beat me to it! I was thinking of writing an app like this myself, but ran into a small stumbling block - I know jack about writing software.

Suggestion: for those who aren't quitting "cold turkey," a countdown/ramp-down of sorts. Let the user input the date they'd like to be free of cigs (say, June 1st), as well as the number of cigs they currently smoke per day. Then have the app calculate a gradually-diminishing number of cigs per day, ending on zero at the quit date.

Maybe also a list of suggestions for activities to be done instead of smoking, when the urge hits. Carrying around a box of toothpicks to chew on works for some people.
    +1 in fact I'd pay for it!
    A list of other OTC remedies. (ie. Nicorette)
  6.    #6  
    I am looking at $1.99 or $0.99. I think that would be a fair price.....
    I likey take apart thingies....
    Agreed. That pricing seems fair for what could potentially be a very useful app.
    sounds on point.