1.    #1  
    I was looking into ares. I would like to creat a really simple application. It would be only a picker / selector - the rolling thing like when you select the time or something like this. You would pick on and there would be a text box dependent of what you select... this would be all for the beginning...

is there somebody who could create a how to, example or maybe a short video demonstrating how this little app would be created?

Thank you in advance!
  2.    #2  
    ok... If I have the list selector in the scene... I can select values from the list...

in the json I see for each of them a label and value... Label is what I see when selecting and when selected... but what is the value. where it is shown? and how could I add a page with text according the label I select?

once again thank you in advance :-)
  3.    #3  
    right now it seems nobody is working with ares.. Is it really so?
    Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla2k View Post
    right now it seems nobody is working with ares.. Is it really so?
    i could never get used to ares... just isn't for me... would be nice if i could get used to it so i would be able to work on it anywhere via web. oh well, my wife says i work (on this second job) way too much anyway
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
    Quote Originally Posted by shanerooni View Post
    i could never get used to ares... just isn't for me... would be nice if i could get used to it so i would be able to work on it anywhere via web. oh well, my wife says i work (on this second job) way too much anyway
    I'm in the same boat as you on both fronts (Ares and the wife).

The Ares visual designer just doesn't work well for me. I expect to be able to drag and drop widgets and place and resize them any way I'd like in a visual style. However it just doesn't work well. Also the code editor is severely lacking compared to the one I usually use (Komodo).

While certain aspects of Ares development is nice (auto-setup of widgets and event handlers, debugging, etc.), the negatives out-weigh the positives right now.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you on both fronts (Ares and the wife).

The Ares visual designer just doesn't work well for me. I expect to be able to drag and drop widgets and place and resize them any way I'd like in a visual style. However it just doesn't work well. Also the code editor is severely lacking compared to the one I usually use (Komodo).

While certain aspects of Ares development is nice (auto-setup of widgets and event handlers, debugging, etc.), the negatives out-weigh the positives right now.
    i have just been using Notepad++... should i switch to Komodo? does it have a lot of benefits?
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
    Quote Originally Posted by shanerooni View Post
    i have just been using Notepad++... should i switch to Komodo? does it have a lot of benefits?
    I use Komodo as my development environment (instead of Eclipse), so I just use its built-in editor instead of having my source files in a separate window. And it's a very capable editor on-par with Notepad++. I do use Notepad++ when opening up a single source file; however when I'm working on an app, I like to keep the whole project open in Komodo so I can easily access any of the files (which are displayed in a hierarchical tree).

And I've enjoyed developing under Komodo much more than I did under Eclipse/Aptana.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami